Far Beyond Reach

It was a noisy morning when Lavender came back to the lab and Roll had offered her the last of breakfast. Magnet noticed her bags were less intense and her smile was more relaxed than the previous night. The five Wi-lights had exchanged goodbyes with the others as they departed for the hub ship launch site. The young woman had laid out the plans for each wi-light brother throughout the train ride, and Magnet made it clear to listen to every detail.

"Each of you will be assigned to a specific asteroid when you land on Omega based on your functional capability. Magnetman will be transported to Alpha since it has the largest systems of computers and circuits out of all of them. With your management skills, I have no doubt you can pull it off." She complimented Magnet before continuing.

"Asteroid Glimmer is small but covered in a thick crystal surface, so Gemini will be needed to make a precise cut to the inner rock layer. I have put Snakeman in charge of Beta for now, and Topman will navigate the mazes of tunnels underneath Omega." Lucy pulled out a metallic container with a odd colored ring and handles. Magnet felt a small electrical buzz as he held it briefly.

"This is a conduit container made to handle the energy elements. It will make sure the energy won't surge and the ring will allow you to hold it without hurting yourselves. Make sure you don't break the containers or allow any small openings. Once you have the crystals secured, there will be a teleporter waiting on Alpha for all of you to teleport them and yourselves." All of the brothers had nodded along to the plan before the ship came to view. It was smaller than expected with a sleek design and the ISEE logo on its sides. Astroman exited the main hatch with a thumbs up and brought the brothers inside.

"Thank you for this Lucy." Magnet said.

"I really have to thank you Magnetman. I couldn't do this alone. Just remember the protocols we went through and you should be fine." Lucy eyes shone bright as she took his hand. As they approached the main door, Magnet heard the voice of Doctor Wily calling his name. The doctor was holding a peculiar object with a oddly pleased face. Lucy let go of the scarlet robot's hand as Wily patted his shoulder.

"Thomas will be busy handling the presentation with GAMMA for a couple of days, so I want all of you to communicate with me through this. I'll keep track of your conditions and send them to the lab." The old doctor said. Magnet held the object curiously as Wily started to turn away. The rectangular object was a bland black color with only a speaker and a single blinking button.

"Thank you Doctor Wily." Magnet said. The doctor turned to him and smirked, walking away with his hand in the air.

Lucy waved goodbye as the hub's door shut and the locks secured it in place. A soft hum emanated throughout the ship, quickly becoming louder as the Wi-lights took their seats. Magnet grabbed the seat closest to the front as the countdown commenced throughout the computer. The ship's thrusters rumbled and all of them felt the vibrations through their legs. Magnet felt an odd sense of excitement and nervousness as they reached the five second mark. As the number finally hit zero, the air became heavy with a sudden blast of pressure. The brothers gasped in surprise as they were pushed against their seats. The ship vibrated intensely as they ascended into the outer atmosphere, to an area far beyond reach, and there was no turning back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ship soared up the sky like a star, leaving nothing but a cloud trail behind. The figures of Doctor Wily and Lucy watched it for as long as they could before it became a blur and disappeared back into the car. Far from the lights of the car and peeping eyes stood two figures with enough space to neither see or speak to each other. The taller dark blue ninja followed the trail to the sky, his eyes squinting to spot the disappearing ship. His hand gently touched the side of his neck as he took a deep breath. He looked to the car driving out of view and back to the sky before walking away.