Override

Magnet watched the cosmic sky from his control room of blinking lights and buzzing generators. The colorful lights within the tower were brief and sporadic compared to the wonders beyond the thick walls. The computers relayed information to thousands of space drones patrolling the grounds, as well as the numerous stations on the other asteroids. And throughout many days Magnet would receive messages from each brother about the excavation process, some results being better than others.

Snakeman was the luckiest of the brothers to find the source of his energy element. With his excellent mapping abilities and able to spawn millions of snake drones under his command, the energy element was discovered in Beta's core. His search snakes that exploded from contact helped pinpoint the exact location, and the brother had started his long trek inside the asteroid and past any form of controlled environment. His messages had become sparce two days ago since then, but Magnet remained confident in his younger brother.

Topman took his time planning every part of the excavation towards Omega's far side, a crater where the drones couldn't reach. Anytime Magnet tried to intervene in his organized unit his brother would interrupt him before working harder to reach the element. He questioned why his brother was so determined to get the element on his own, but never confronted the matter itself. However, he had to give him credit for staying focused on the task and not admiring himself in the crystal's reflection. He linked to his brothers in a attempt to reach Gemini again.

Come in guys. How is everything going down in the asteroids? Magnet messaged through the links. One by one, the voices of the others joined in.

It's all good by me. I might be approaching the energy element soon after this wall. Top said.

Same here. My search snakes blew up not too long ago, so I am close to the source. Snake added in. Magnet sighed in relief before prodding into Gemini's link.

Gemini? You there?

I am here. Why is every wall in this blasted asteroid pure crystal? It's taking me forever to get to this thing, even with my clones and lasers! Gemini's aggravated voice echoed through all three robot's links.

Besides that, are you close to the energy element's source? Magnet asked.

Oh yeah. I found the location hours ago. Gemini concluded. 

Maybe you could have started with that before going on that rant. Anyways, I'll send the newest reports to Lavender and we can call it a day. Magnet briefly disconnected the links. The short but informative report whipped past the screen with a giant check mark. His shoulders were aching again, but loosened in relief over the progress made today. As he connected to his brother's links again, their voices overlapped in an ongoing discussion.

I'm just saying it would mean something to him if we at least try. We can't exactly know what he feels all the time, and the doctors will question us about our sudden disappearances at some point. Top said.

And that's why I say it's a terrible idea. Just because we exchanged a few conversations with him doesn't mean we can fully trust him. I mean what has he done for us? Gemini argued.

How about saved us from being stranded in space? Top remarked with a snarky tone.

What are you guys talking about? Magnet asked suddenly, and the brothers quieted their argument.

Top was suggesting that after this mission is done, we could try bringing Shadow to Light Labs. Gemini is arguing that it's not a good idea and we should leave him alone. I'm...neutral in this. Snake popped in the link only to fade into obscurity once more.