'Cutting' it close

Rock saw a small lumber factory just a little ways off. He prepared his weapon to face his brother Cutman How did he know this is where Cutman was? The load of damaged and cut off pieces of the building, including the sign having distinct scissors stuck inside.

The little blue robot wanted to avoid as much enemies as he possibly could, so he zipped by all the robots as fast as he could. It hurt to see all these innocent robots trying to hurt him, but he had to continue on. In a matter of minutes, Rock came across a door that had a large warning sign to stay out engraved in it.

"Rock, can you hear me?" Dr. Light's voice came through. Rock tapped his helmet to talk back.

"Yeah, I'm here. I'm right in front of Cutman's door and heading right in."

"Alright then, please precede with caution." And just like that, the doctor's voice was cut off and Rock went straight in. The room was large and a square shape, with destroyed cargo boxes everywhere and weird steps. Rock was walking for a few moments, trying to detect any sign of Cutman. He almost thought he was in the wrong room, until he felt a searing pain in his shoulder.

A pair of scissors were flying in the air, making a quick turn around like a boomerang. Rock barely manage to duck before the scissors could slice his head off. Then Cutman, standing on one of the boxes, grabbed them and put it back on his head. The same red color earlier flashed briefly in his eyes.

"Cut, please. I know Wily messed with your programming, but come back with me peacefully and we can fix you."

"Please, I think the only one that needs fixing is you!" Cut retorted. Rock flinched by the sarcasm that was in his voice. Certainly not like when he was talking with him earlier.

"No, I'm not. You're the one being used here, only destroying the city because of his jealousy. That's not what we are built for. I don't want to fight you...I-" Before Rock could finish, Cut grabbed his scissors with a smile.

"How about we spare the chit chat and 'cut' to the chase? I got to get back to Dr. Wily to tell him the good news."

"Wh-What good news?" Rock asked. 

"That not only will he be getting the attention he deserves, but he'll have a new robot as his trophy!" And just like that, Cutman lunged toward Rock, attempting each time to slash his head with the scissors.

Rock, having no other choice, engaged into combat. Luckily, having a small weapon of your own proved helpful. Cut jumped across the walls several times, throwing his scissors but mostly any rubble he could find. Rock got hit in the face with a box, before dealing a kick to his friend's side. As the scissors were making the roundabout, Rock and Cut dealt a few more punches to the gut and face. While Rock didn't have big damage, Cut was starting to have dents in his chest and head.

After knocked down several more times, Rock felt the scissors plunge into his arm. Flinching for only a moment, he fired more plasma pellets into Cut's face, who only screamed in pain and dropping his weapon.

"OW! Talk about a strong attack! Here, let me cut you down to size!!" He hissed and threw the scissors one more time. They got lodged in the crate behind the blue robot, and the two looked at each other before running at the same time. Rock managed to get to the scissors first, pulling on them hard.

"Hey, hands off of those!!" Cut yelled, only a few feet away from Rock. The little robot pulled on them harder, trying to pry them free.

"Come on!!" He yelled to himself. Finally he felt a pop and he flew straight back. Unfortunately, while the blades avoided missing him, the same couldn't be said for Cut. When Rock turned around, he saw the scissors he were pulling on were sticking halfway out of Cutman's chest, fresh oil trailing down it. The orange robot's eyes were wide open, and he managed to make one final joke to himself.

"Well, guess our time got 'cut' short, huh Rock?" He fell silent, the lights in his eyes went away, and he plopped to the ground with a hard thump.

"Oh no..." Rock murmured, shaking while falling on his legs. He looked at the oil in his hands, and almost had the urge to black out. "No. Nononononono. What-What did I do? What did I do?!" Rock gripped his blue helmet in shock, trying to make sense of what he just did, all while staring at Cutman's unconscious body. 

But before he could have a breakdown, Dr. Light's voice came through his intercom. "Rock? Come in, what's going on? I'm detecting massive levels of stress, are you okay?"

"Dr. Light," Rock's shaky voice went through, "I-I killed him. I didn't mean to, but he just came at me suddenly. What do I do?" 

"Rock, please calm down. It's alright, he's going to be okay. I promise you he will be okay." Dr. Light tried to calm his robotic son. He almost knew this was going to happen. Rock, while having a strong passion for justice, was just a little child.

"What do you mean?" Rock rubbed his eyes.

"Could you check his chest for a moment, near his core? See if his Integrated Chip is still intact." Dr. Light said. As Rock slowly got the blades out of the robot's body, he opened his chest to see the chip glittering. It was still in perfect condition, despite the huge damage next to it. He gently held the chip in his hands.

"Yeah, I have his chip. Why-" Suddenly, a rush of information filled Rock's senses, and it was giving him a little headache. So much information, and info was said in his head.

Rolling Cutter: Attained

"Woah! Okay, that's what attaining an ability is like! Ow...my head." He exclaimed.

"Rock?"

"I'm good. I have his chip, and his weapon."

"That's good. Now, you need to keep that chip safe. Even if you took out Cutman's body, I can repair a new one for him. And with that chip, he will be back to his normal self in no time. He will be back with us, my son. Make sure you spare everyone's chips." Dr. Light was smiling on the other side of the intercom. And he was pretty sure Rock was smiling as well, finally cheered up from nearly panicking.

"Okay, I'm moving on!" Rock opened his arm with a mini compartment and safely tapped the chip inside. Closing it tight, he ran out of the lumber factory to get the rest of his brothers.