Stopped in time

"What?! What do you mean Metal's dead?! How did he take him out so quickly?" The blue and yellow robot, Flashman exclaimed. His mining station glowed brightly as his minions scouted the perimeter. Chatting came from the other side of his communicator.

"Well, has anyone caught the name of the brat? Megaman? Fine, I'll deal with it. Go on with what you have to do. Oh, and Quickman, stay out of my way." He cut off the communication and leaned against the huge boulder.

"I swear Dr. Wily, if this doesn't work and we all die for nothing, I'm going to haunt you in your sleep." He muttered as he waited for his enemy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megaman gazed at the huge mining system several feet down.  As he headed in, there were sniper joes, robot soldiers with shields, blocking his way. They shot at him before retreating deeper into the cavern. He tried to run, but whatever the rocks were made of were really slippery. He ended up slipping onto his back every time breaking into a sprint.

"I wonder if the metal blade will be of any use." Several blades formed as Megaman chucked them in a separate direction. Slicing through the enemies allowed him to avoid some of the sniper Joes and mettols. Megaman just couldn't help but smile while running through. As he continued inward, a voice was echoing through on a thin wall. The blue robot leaned in realization that it was the enemy he was looking for. He barged through the wall, surprising the enemy on the other side.

"What the-?! How did you...I didn't hear any noises!!" The blue robot exclaimed.

"Wait, please let me talk. Flashman, was it? I'm sorry for what happened to Metalman, but all of you aren't thinking straight. Stop attacking the city, there's really no need to do this." Megaman slowly walked forward.

Flashman groaned right behind Megaman. He was frozen in fright, Flash was just right in front of him. How did he sneak up so fast? "Do you really think I can just stop and waltz on out of here? Cause news flash, I can't! I have orders to follow,no matter how dumb it is!"

He slapped Megaman into the cave walls, and the battle commenced. Shots were fired and ricocheting off the walls, slipping everywhere, and angry grumbling. Megaman couldn't tell whether Flashman was talking to him or himself. But every once in a while, he would discover Flashman had snuck up on him somehow right behind him. How is he doing that?

"No matter how much you try, I can stop your attacks and you won't even know!" Flash taunted with a grin.

Stop my attacks. Wait. Rock thought as the battle continued. Won't know what hit me...Stop my...Stop. Of course.

Flash smiled as his enemy was being thrashed around like a doll. However, Megaman held several blades in hand and ran toward him in a sprint. Realizing the threat, Flash prepared to fire his weapon again. He thought one more time oughta stop him. A metal cut through his arm like paper, and his blaster was reduced to pieces.

"Oh." Flash stared wide eyed before he saw his impeding death. "Whelp, I'm scrap."

*TEAR*

Megaman panted heavily as Flashman's shredded body fell hard. The sounds of his minions and snipers approaching were steadily increasing. Wasting no time, Megaman acquired the defeated robot's weapon and used it. All around him, the area sparkled and the enemies stood unmoving like statues. Carefully he leaped over them and the obstacles, eventually reaching the entrance. That moment, the energy wore off and everything moved again.

"Okay, two down. Where to next?" Megaman redirected his attention to the nature park not far off. "Here I go." Suddenly, his legs gave out and he couldn't move. Fighting twice in a row must've drained most of his energy.

Refilling and fixing a couple of dents, Megaman walked toward the next location. A park close by the city. He peeked around the corner to see animal robots guarding the perimeter. Taking out the small enemies, he headed in to face the enemy.