Chapter 2

The teammates looked at each other in blank dismay.

Zhao Feng shifted in his seat to a more comfortable position, and slowly said, “I’m going to tell you about this now so that you’ll understand the situation. You’ve got to know things clearly so you won’t say anything to set him off.”

“Before starting his pro career, Shi Luo had been doing well in school, exceptionally well. Shi Luo didn’t want to go down this path so he would occasionally do some live broadcasts. Of course, his family didn’t agree with him.”

“Shi Luo hasn’t contacted his family up til now. No one knows if it’s because of this that he’s had a falling out with his family. No one dares to ask.”

“His live broadcasts were quite popular at the time. It ranked high on the Chinese servers. He was soon discovered by several clubs. Shi Luo was still playing a medic at that time. There’s always a shortage of good medics. There had been a lot of clubs who contacted him and he refused everyone, including me. At the time, what he told me was that he didn’t want to play professionally. But then for some unknown reason, he joined Whisper’s team.”

“Because of this, he offended several clubs. He’d said that we were wasting our time and that he’d never ever play professionally only to go to Whisper, huh …”

“You all know what happened after that. Not long after that, who knows what got into Whisper, he rebelled against the domestic league, took his team and left. It made him infamous…” Manager Zhao Feng glanced upstairs and pursed his lips. “We shouldn’t be talking about this so listen up.”

Zhao Feng loosened his grip. “At that time, the European region was forming their Galactico Team. They were missing a first class medic and Whisper suddenly decided to go to the European region to develop. Those he could take with him, he took with him. Those he couldn’t, he sold their contracts for a high price and that was how Shi Luo was sold to the NSN team. ”

The people in the room were rendered speechless.

After a long while, a team member whispered, “… Shi Luo was used purely as a money-making tool.”

One person asked bewilderedly, “At that time, Yu Sui’s team was already the strongest in the country. He’d even won the world championship. So, why?”

“Who knows? Everyone has their own aspirations. The contract fees over there are indeed higher, and their business operations are also very well-developed.”  Zhao Feng continued slowly, “Because those top-level players left two years ago, our region suffered a lot. We missed the World Championship for two consecutive years. Whisper, though, had done well for himself. He became the runner-up in the World Championships during his first year in Germany. The next year the Galactico Team finally clicked, and they won the World Championship. He is indeed amazing. He can find glory anywhere. ”

The team’s sniper curled his lips in contempt. “He ran off to play for an enemy region. What’s so glorious about that?”

“Hey, don’t be so narrow-minded. As clubs, we’re in competing regional divisions. We’re not enemy countries. These matters are of little interest, but …”  Zhao Feng made some allowances, “Be that as it may, everyone still wants for these types of players to stay within our region. Look, how many fans does Whisper have right now? This is maybe just the ten or twenty percent that remained. Back then, when he suddenly moved to another division, he truly made a lot of fans angry. For every thousand that wanted him dead, ten thousand would curse him. Seeing how he still has this many die-hard fans, you could tell just how good he was then. ”

A member of the team glanced upwards and whispered, “If he weren’t amazing, he wouldn’t have been able to get Shi Luo to reject so many of the clubs for him. Hey, isn’t it that Shi Luo offended a lot of clubs? Then how did Shi Luo end up on another team? ”