Chapter 35

Shi Luo looked at his chat with Yu Sui. He looked at this sentence “Is your luggage packed?” and his heart felt a bit sour.

All of this time, the two of them have been in an awkward situation. They have not been in touch since they bumped into each other on the live broadcast two days ago. Today, anxiety and close friends have been added into the mixture. The mood between them have turned fragile and they’ve become estranged.

Right now, even Shi Luo himself couldn’t tell how he felt about Yu Sui. His hatred towards him was real, as was his empathy. It was true that he bore a grudge but it was also true that he remembered him fondly.

For him, Yu Sui was a truly special identity.

He had given him his best days but he has also given him his worst days.

Shi Luo actually knew long ago that there was nothing wrong with what Yu Sui did at that time. Given his position, Shi Luo doesn’t think he could have handled it better than Yu Sui did. But up to this day, the shadow of his childhood tormented Shi Luo. No matter who it was, Shi Luo was unable to believe their promise.

Yu Sui would only sign him after they’d passed through the qualifiers successfully. Shi Luo knew Yu Sui’s intention. Yu Sui was providing him with a powerful insurance. However, Shi Luo had always been paranoid. What if they fail to pass the qualifiers?

How could there be anything in the world that was a hundred percent certain? Even if it were Whisper, how could he guarantee that they would be promoted into the first league?

What’s more, it took four people to play this game. What if a problem arises with one of the players? Especially with that NSN trainee that was there as his substitute? He didn’t even know his name. Could someone who hasn’t even played in an intercity match be reliable? Is he there to serve as some sort of mascot?

What would they do if there was some problem with the newcomer and he drags down the entire team with him, causing them to lose the qualifiers? If that happens, who was he supposed to reason with?

Shi Luo couldn’t rest at ease. At first, he had no intention of messaging Yu Sui but the more he thought about it the more he obsessed over it. After absentmindedly playing a couple of games, Shi Luo picked up his phone and sent a message to Yu Sui.

[Evil]: [There’s still time for me to transfer now.]

Shi Luo held his phone tightly. He bit down on his lip as he squinted at his phone.

Yu Sui responded quickly, and Shi Luo’s phone vibrated two seconds later.

[Whisper]: [No need.]

Shi Luo gritted his teeth and typed.

[Evil]: [Nothing is absolute. What if you fail to be promoted?]

When Shi Luo sent the message, he felt that he might have overstepped. He hesitated, and when he was thinking about saying something more, his phone buzzed once again.

[Whisper]: [That’s not possible.]

Shi Luo suffocated. Feeling a bit like not wanting to let him off, he said: [But what if? What if you fail? Are you not even willing to admit that there is a chance of failure? ]

Yu Sui didn’t reply for a long time.

Shi Luo knew that he was being neurotic by getting himself all in a twist over this issue. People who were a little more normal wouldn’t torture themselves like this. Shi Luo took a deep breath and was about to type to say that it was all right when his phone shook again.

[Whisper]: [Alright, I admit, there is a chance of failure. ]

Shi Luo’s heart immediately seized. Without waiting for him to type a reply…