Chapter 8

Half the private room grew quiet in an instant.

The people who were farther away didn’t actually hear the conversation at their table, but it was as if the heavy atmosphere spread in an instant. Everyone noticed something was up and they all looked over, one after the other.

For a while, the private room was as quiet as a library.

No one was clear on the details of Yu Sui and Shi Luo’s relationship. Their matters — their debts of gratitude and grievances — were just those which could be seen on the surface. Their actual thoughts were never made public.

To say that these two got along about as well as fire and water would be understating their relationship.

If Shi Luo were to take out a watermelon knife this instant to have it out with Yu Sui, no one would be too surprised.

From the moment they learned that Yu Sui had returned to China, everyone had the vague feeling that this would happen sooner or later.

One by one, the people who were singing, drinking, and playing dice stopped and looked surreptitiously at them with bated breaths, their nerves somewhat keyed up.

Shi Luo was already half drunk. The redness on his neck had spread all the way into the low neckline of his T-shirt, enhancing the wicked air about him. Shi Luo raised his hand and rubbed his neck. He reached out with his long leg to bring over a low stool. With legs bent, he sat in front of Yu Sui, facing across from him with the table between them.

“You’ve already been back for so long.” Shi Luo stared at Yu Sui intently. He slowly pulled open the tab on his can of beer while saying, “I haven’t been able to properly greet Yu Shen.”

Without waiting for Yu Sui to speak, Chen Huo interrupted with a smile. “Well, aren’t we all greeting each other now? Hey, your game last week was absolutely ruthless! I replayed the game from your perspective, it was clear that you were going for Wawa, I’m telling you … ”

Shi Luo refused to be distracted and treated Chen Huo as if he wasn’t even there. He looked at Yu Sui and asked, “Is Yu Shen forming a new club?”

Yu Sui looked at Shi Luo. He was surprised but then dismissed it.

Shi Luo really was too smart.

Gu Gan vigilantly watched the already intoxicated Shi Luo.  He asked quietly, “Shi Luo, I think you’ve had a bit too much to drink. Maybe I should call your team assistant for you? Or I could take you back. You can talk about this some other day…”

Gu Gan had once looked after Shi Luo. Although Shi Luo had become even more reclusive in the past two years, he has always respected Gu Gan. This time though, Shi Luo couldn’t attend to him. Shi Luo turned a deaf ear to what he was saying. He only had Yu Sui in his eyes. “Yu Shen, you’re build a new club. I’m right, aren’t I? ”

Yu Sui knew that he could no longer avoid the matter, and after a moment, said, “Yes.”

Shi Luo nodded and said to himself, “Look, I guessed correctly again.”

Shi Luo took a sip of his beer and asked, “Then, are you still missing a striker?”

Everyone was stupefied.

The players sitting some distance away looked at each other helplessly.

What does Shi Luo mean by this? Could it be that he wanted to join the Yu Sui’s team? Haven’t you two decided long ago to grow old and die without having any dealings with each other?

Just how much has he had to drink to compel him to take the initiative to ask Yu Sui if they still needed strikers? If these two winded up in the same team, wouldn’t a single inappropriate remark be enough to get someone stabbed?