Chapter 45

Three days later, on Team Bison’s home court, Team Bison met the new Team Free.

Zhou Huo was now “one of their own”. He knew that there had been some conflict between them and the Bison Team two years ago, but he didn’t know the details. Zhou Huo was very sensitive to this fact. He warned them repeatedly that under his management of the team, there can be no incident of violence.

“A new team, a new season, a new aura.” On the way to the Bison Team’s home stadium, Zhou Huo tried his hardest to rouse everyone’s enthusiasm. “I’m not asking you to outperform yourselves, but you must display your strength and let everyone see. Understand?!”

The four internet addicted teenagers, except for Yu Sui, were all immersed in playing with their phones. None of them were roused.

The only one who wasn’t playing on his phone, had his eyes closed instead, trying to make up for lost sleep.

Zhou Huo sighed. “Forget it, all of you should already know what you need to do anyway.”

Only Old Qiao was still idle, and Zhou Huo was left with no one to chat with but Old Qiao. “What’s the friction between you guys and Bison exactly? Why’s the relationship been you two so subtle?”

“That’s not called friction.” Old Qiao said sadly, “That’s a blood feud. It was something that happened when Violent Shu was still just a brat who played as a sub. Do you really want to hear it?”

Of course, Zhou Huo wanted to hear about it.

Old Qiao patted his stomach and slowly narrated the tale. These people had already dismissed this matter from their minds but as Old Qiao began to recount the story, the expression on their faces began to change until they could practically compete with each other on who had the worst expression on. When Shi Luo heard the part about Yu Sui entering the hospital, the expression on his face had darkened completely.

Zhou Huo looked carefully at everyone and regretfully asked, “Should I…have not asked at this time?”

“Too late now.” Chen Huo rubbed his wrist. “It’s been a few years since I’ve last seen him. I don’t know if my old friend’s been doing well…”

Shi Luo said coldly, “Won’t you be seeing him in a little bit?”

Zhou Huo made a face palm. “Why am I such a big gossip…”

Half an hour later, they arrived at the venue. There were too many fans on the scene and the driver didn’t dare stop in the midst of them.  He drove directly into venue’s underground parking lot.

Everyone went directly from the underground parking lot to the backstage lounge. Zhou Huo stared intently at Shi Luo and Chen Huo, lest someone take advantage of a lapse in his attention and go bounding off to Team Bison’s lounge. Fortunately, the waiting time during regular season games was pretty short. After less than an hour of waiting in the lounge, the match started.

This was the first time Team Free would be participating in an official competition, and there wasn’t a single empty seat in the stadium.

It wasn’t only the fans who were enthusiastically watching this game. As expected, all the other first league teams apart from Team Bison were also paying close attention to this match.

While testing out their equipment before the game, Chen Huo, laughingly said while testing out his mic, “Guess. Do you think all the other teams are watching the match’s broadcast in their bases?”

Puppy smiled. “I don’t wanna be too shameless but I’m guessing…yeah, they probably all are.”

Chen Huo raised an eyebrow and said, “I don’t know what they’re saying about me, but they should all be cheering for us, right? Aiya, now I’m thinking twice about going all out. I might expose too much of our tactics. Maybe I’m just gonna play this easy.”