Chapter 76

In his heart, Shi Luo scolded himself for being a good-for-nothing. He was too embarrassed to do anything and so he was “dealt” with instead by by Yu Sui. Because of the eye drops, his eyes were still wet and uncomfortable. Shi Luo turned and went to the Chen Huo table to grab some paper towels, which he used to wipe the corner of his eyes.

When Old Qiao pushed the door open, this was the scene he was met with.

Old Qiao glanced at Shi Luo. After feeling embarrassed for a second, he tentatively asked, “Were you crying?”

Shi Luo: “…”

“You… weren’t that vulnerable before.” Old Qiao couldn’t understand, “Why do you cry so much now? Before, you cried when you hit the top 100 on the national server and now, you’re crying because we lost today. You… What about when we get to the World Championships? What are we supposed to do with you if you end up crying all day?”

When Shi Luo was about to explain, Old Qiao said consolingly, “It’s okay, it’s okay. It’s because you’re young. Sigh, I shouldn’t have said anything…”

“Based on the normal admission age, at your age, you should be at home, eating and drinking your fill, being waited upon by everyone as you entered third year… But entering this business, its like taking the college entrance examination time and again. What’s more, it’s the kind where the results are broadcasted live. If you don’t test well, no one will be there to coax you but there won’t be any shortage of people who’d want to rain down abuse.” Old Qiao has been very forgiving towards Shi Luo because of his young age ever since two years ago and it was still the same now. As he spoke, his voice became a lot gentler, “But what use is there to look for Yu Sui when you cry? How could he possibly comfort you? You’re better off looking for me. I’m a lot better at comforting people than he is.”

Yu Sui, who was in the middle of sending accounts to the training partners, didn’t raise his head when he heard the words and said, “Thanks, but no thanks. I’m very good at comforting people. Just now, little Shi Luo cried to his heart’s content in my arms.”

“Cried my-…” Shi Luo swallowed back the word “ass”. He wasn’t in any mood to explain. He took two more tissues and wiped his face. “I understand, I won’t cry anymore.”

“If you really must cry, make sure you do it behind everyone.” Old Qiao walked to his seat and replaced Yu Sui, “And you must make especially be sure not to do it in front of the cameras… Do you know why the sprayers insulted you so fiercely today? In the second game… and at the end of that game, your expression turned ugly. They noticed that you had a mentality problem, so they deliberately targeted that point even more. These dumb*ss sprays… they make sure to step on where it hurts. If they know it’s easy to mess with your mentality, in the future, they’ll try to mess with you even more. Even during interviews, don’t say anything. Don’t ever expose your real weakness.

Shi Luo said perfunctorily, “Understood.”

Shi Luo glanced at Yu Sui and felt inwardly relieved. For now, the sprayers still haven’t found his real weakness.

After setting up the custom game mode, the three of them simply talked about today’s game. After half an hour Chen Huo and Puppy came over, and the four players returned to their respective positions and started to simulate the situation of today’s game, letting the sparring practice imitate Saint to fight against themselves. .

Having just lost the match, playing this kind of game-replay training was the most nauseating. Old Qiao had been worried that Shi Luo would be upset about this. He didn’t expect that Shi Luo would be the most serious about this than anyone. In the middle, he even asked Old Qiao to give the opposing striker a little more economy to increase the difficulty of his training.