Chapter 129

It was time to break the cauldrons and sink the boats; time to fight with their backs to the river.

They signed in, verified their identities, signed the pre-match agreement, went through some simple styling and changed into their team uniform. As the time drew nearer, the referee they had drawn arrived. Before the start of the match, they checked their own peripherals for the last time and signed again to confirm that their peripherals and game accounts were all OK...

While they did all these pre-match procedures, they could hear the earth-shattering, tsunami-like roars of cheering from both sides. The local European players were offended by the omnipresent light cards of the Chinese players. They sought to utilize their home court advantage to reclaim the field. The Chinese players, though, had no intention of giving in.

There was no such things as a home or away game venue. Whoever had more people and whoever had the louder cheers, claimed this as their home game.

From entering the venue to the official start of the match, the fans from both sides kept roaring spiritedly for two hours. The Chinese division players wanted to roar back all the past three years’ worth of cheers. Despite not having the upper hand in terms of number of people, they unexpectedly managed to faintly suppress the other side.

This went on until this year’s first quarterfinals match started.

The details of the practice match with Sacred Sword at the beginning of the season were clear and distinct in their minds.

When Sacred Sword played against strong teams, they were best at playing a defensive game. In the early stages, they wouldn’t clear the fog or strike at anyone. Like ghosts, they would generally lurk behind bunkers on their own map, waiting for the right opportunities. They would wait until the other side begins to clear the map and then they would surround them. They would get a head and then leave. They won’t zealously continue fighting. They weren’t greedy, they won’t scramble for kills and they weren’t sloppy. Once they had the advantage, they would withdraw. Like crocodiles in the quagmire, they would hide back behind bunkers, waiting for the next opportunity, preserving their resources as much as they can.

In the first round of their practice match with the Sacred Sword at the beginning of the season, this was how they had dragged Free to death.

Except for the two games that day, the two teams have never played against each other during this entire season. Even the best data analysts in the league couldn’t say what tactics the two sides would come up with when they meet again.

In the soundproof room, while waiting for the countdown, Free’s players began their usual practice of messing with each other.

“Puppy.” Chen Huo raised his eyebrows, “I just found out that your hands are shaking...A sniper with shaky hands, isn’t that going to be a problem?”

“It can’t be helped. I’m too excited.” Puppy rubbed his hands and waited for the countdown, and his voice coming out a bit louder than usual. “It’s been a long time since I’ve so excited. Don’t be too surprised when I show you my ultra-level performance and win the MVP title, okay?”

Chen Huo gasped lightly, “I feel that I’m the one who’s going to be giving the ultra-level performance...I might even grab that first MVP.”

“With three wins in five games, you can only get three MVPs at most. Whoever can’t get any, sucks...” Yu Sui adjusted his headphones, “Shi Shen, you’re being quiet...Nervous?”

“No.” Shi Luo looked down at his keyboard, “...I was just thinking how many games we’re going to be playing today.”

Chen Huo quickly said, “I had a dream yesterday; 3 to 2, our win.”