Chapter 16

Shi Luo looked at Yu Sui and he gulped. Without saying anything, he turned around and left the conference room.

Zhao Feng sent Yu Sui out and Shi Luo himself returned to the second team’s training room. Just now, when he saw Zhao Feng come over, he only turned off the live broadcast but the game client was still running. Shi Luo sat in front of the computer. When he was hesitating between continuing to gather points for his main account or shutting down to sleep, the in-game friend channel glowed with a notification.

Shi Luo took a look. It was Wawa.

[Awa]: Shi Ge, can you play a few games with me? [Humble .jpg]

[Awa]: Chen Ge said he’d take me to get some points, but after three rounds he didn’t want to play anymore. He said if he played anymore, he’s going to be put out of commission. QAQ.

[Awa]: Shi Ge, I forced another striker to close shop.

The disturbances in Shi Luo’s mind were cleared instantly. Looking at the chat records, he could feel a headache coming on.

When Wawa was still playing as a nurse-type medic, Shi Luo liked teaming up with him. Wawa had a good temperament and worked hard to serve as Shi Luo’s milk tank. He also had good skills. The two would simply abuse their competition as they worked their way up the national server. But after studying Yu Sui’s plays, whenever Shi Luo would be randomly matched with Wawa, he wanted to retreat.

Shi Luo wanted to pretend not to have seen it and just go offline, but he’d been sleeping for the entire day and now, he wasn’t the least bit sleepy. Shi Luo weighed his options. He could lie in bed unable to sleep due to insomnia or he could team up with Wawa. In the end, he still chose the latter.

Shi Luo replied back in the friend’s chat. [Evil]: I’ll change to my side account.

Wawa responded quickly, [Awa]: Thank you, Shi Ge! Kowtowing to Shi Ge! Clang Clang Clang!

Wawa said quickly, [Awa]: Shi Ge, is your side account’s level high enough? Can your side account team up with me?

Shi Luo typed, [Evil]: Even my side account is at the top 200 of the national server. What about yours? Is it still in the top 1000? I’m more worried that your main account might not be able to team up with my side account.

Wawa kept quiet, and Shi Luo changed from his main account to his side one. He sent a message to Wawa.

Shi Luo has already logged onto his gibberish-named side account, [Jyhbdhs]: Team up with me.

Wawa quickly formed a team with Shi Luo. He felt that typing was troublesome so he sent an invitation to voice chat with Shi Luo.

Shi Luo hesitated before accepting. He frown and said, “I’m upset today. I’ve got nothing good to say. If you want to keep the voice chat on, you can’t do a live broadcast.”

“No problem!” Wawa happily agreed. He greeted his fans in the live broadcast. “That’s it for today. I’ll be stopping the broadcast now. See you tomorrow night!”

When his fans in the live broadcast heard that he was teaming up with Shi Luo, they all begged him not to close the broadcast. Wawa smiled and consoled his fans with a few words and the shut it down.

With the live broadcast off, both of them were a lot more relaxed. Wawa felt that he able to speak a lot more freely and he asked quietly, “Shi Ge … Is something the matter?”

Shi Luo was quiet for a moment and then said, “What could be the matter?”

Wawa hesitated and asked, “Yu Shen went out earlier tonight. Chen Ge said he went looking for you, did you two…talk?”