Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Yu Sui never wanted to remember the month that followed his birthday that year.

He really hadn’t put up a good fight.

After thinking about it as he lay on the hospital bed that day, Yu Sui decided not to call his parents.

When he left home to join Team Knife Edge, he made a solemn vow. This was his own choice, no matter what happens, he wasn’t going to let his parents provide for him or clean up his own messes. If he were to go back now to ask for money, the personal humiliation was secondary, now that he’s reached this point he didn’t have any face to lose, but now even his own parents would lose theirs?

His parents were intellectuals, having such a young son dropping out of school was bad enough. Why should they pay for his team now? Why should they pay for his teammates?

Not to mention, his parents were obsessed with their studies. All these years, the couple hasn’t saved much money. Their family’s savings were actually handed down from his grandfather’s generation. This was what his grandfather left to their children. If he were to demand money now, it would be the same as robbing them of their retirement fund…It was completely immoral, worse than mooching off his parents.

This wasn’t a pot for his parents to bear. He was the one who owed a debt of gratitude and thus he needed to be the one to pay it back.

After deciding not to speak his parents, Yu Sui looked around the four people sleeping in the room. He took a deep breath. He never could hide anything from his teammates.

After a couple of days, Yu Sui had recovered enough to be able to get out of bed.  He found an opportunity to discuss it alone with Old Qiao.

Yu Sui gave Old Qiao a heads-up in advance. He said helplessly, “The doctor said that with my condition I can’t be overly happy or overly sad right now. I can’t have intense mood swings or much physical activity. I will have to ask you to be mindful of the patient. We have something we need to discuss. I really want to be able to leave the hospital as soon as possible so do be careful with my emotions, okay?”

Old Qiao looked completely at a loss. “What happened? Tell me.”

Yu Sui nodded and got up to close the door of the hospital room.

Old Qiao had the best temperament on the team. He knew how to keep a cool head when something crops up. He didn’t dare give voice to his grief and indignation. He simply bit to pieces the caregiver’s bed’s sheets. He was venting so much, Yu Sui almost fell ill again.

In any case, he still managed to calm down.

The second person was Puppy.

Snipers were generally a very composed bunch, but Puppy was still more difficult to deal with than Old Qiao. Yu Sui could only continue to use the same method —

“If there is anything I haven’t thought of, tell me, if not… don’t quarrel with me. I’m sick, I have a stomachache. If you have something to say then say it, but don’t bully the patient.”

Yu Sui had dealt with every aspect of this matter. Puppy’s, like Old Qiao’s, abilities fell short of their wishes and he couldn’t think of what else to do. He was so angry he could almost lift the hospital off its foundations. But he didn’t want to stimulate Yu Sui and have him fall ill again.

But Puppy did his best to get 12.5 million through his own efforts and transferred it to Yu Sui’s account. Yu Sui didn’t try to be polite with him and accepted the money.

On the day Yu Sui had his showdown with Puppy, Old Qiao, who’d been repressing his bitterness and anger for three whole days for Yu Sui’s sake, suddenly developed a 40.5 C high fever and was also hospitalized.