𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐓𝐮𝐥𝐬𝐚

Devyns POV

I woke up to a poke from the side. I looked beside me to, my practically brother, Matt. He motioned outside the window to the signs. We were here. Tulsa Oklahoma. He gave me a sad look which I returned. Long story short, I'm being kicked out and evidently have a brother somewhere in Tulsa??? I've been living with these horribly people called Mr. and Mrs. Daniels. All I know is when I was young they made the mistake of being friends with my parents, Tim and Debbi Mathews. I made them really, really mad this morning, just enough to where they were absolutely done with me. We got in an argument over money. By that I mean poor or rich. I had a best friend who wasn't good on money. He recently died from getting shot. He was defending his sister at a bar. Well one thing led to another. We drove a little longer when they pulled up to this rough lookin gas-station called the DX.

"This is where the trip ends for you Devyn." Mr. Daniels said looking ahead.

"Here? Couldn't you have dropped me off at a nicer one?" I asked. It just looked a little shady to be honest.

"No. Just say goodbye and get out." Mrs. Daniel answered. I rolled my eyes and looked to Matt. He gave me a really big hug. Held me tight, Matt was awesome. Genuinely the closest thing I had to a brother.

"I'm gonna miss you." I whispered.

"I'll miss you too, please write me sometimes." He whispered.

"I will. Can't promise when, but I will." I said. We pulled away and I looked at him one last time.

"Bye Matt, don't forget about me." I said.

"I will never forget about you." He said smiling. I nodded and opened the door. I kicked Mr. Daniels seat on 'accident'. I got my bag out of the trunk slamming it shut. I watched as the car sped away. So this is it. I will probably be a homeless person and live on the streets forever. I decided to go in the store and buy a coke or somethin like that. I heard what sounded like a bad engine in the automotive part. I looked to see a black haired dude covered in oil. I didn't pay much attention and went inside. I opened the door as the bell rang signaling someone walked in. Some guy behind the register turned around to me.

"Hey darlin' anything I can help you with today?" The guy asked smiling.

"Well I'm lookin for a coke." I said. He smiled and went over to a refrigerator behind the counter.

"Are you alright miss? Looks like somethins botherin ya." The Guy said.

"It's a long story." I said as he handed me the coke. I reached in my pocket for some change.

"No need for that, it's on the house, if you tell me what's wrong." The guy said.

"I don't wanna waste you time sir." I said.

"You're not wastin any time." He said gesturing around to the empty gas-station.

"Alright then, well it's kinda confusing and kinda long. So for starters I'm from Jessieville, Arkansas. I've been living with these pathetic excuses for humans. This mornin we got in a fight, your classic rich people that shame not so rich people. Well I sent them over the edge I guess, cause I got kicked out. Ya see I always knew I had a brother, but I never knew him or heck barely knew his name. They told me to pack cause they were bringing me to Tulsa to live with my brother and aunt I guess. They drove me all the way here and dropped me off here. So now I'm at a random gas-station in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with no idea who my brother is, where I'm staying, or what I'm even doing to begin with. It all sounds weird or like a lie, I know, but it's the truth." I explained.

"Well you weren't lying when you said kinda confusing. So let me get this straight, these people just simply dropped you off at a gas station expecting you to fend for yourself in Tulsa?" The guy asked.