𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗢 - 𝗥𝘂𝗺𝗼𝗿𝘀

Devyns POV

I slowly pulled away from Pony. He hugged me back, but I don't know if he wanted to. I accidentally rubbed him with my cast. You could see the cut on his neck.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry." I went to grab a napkin and put it against his neck. I looked into his eyes for a moment and snapped out of it.

"When did you get a cast?" He asked after a moment.

"After Steve broke my arm." I said.

"I didn't mean to." Steve added.

"I'm not gonna ask." Pony said.

"Probably better that way." I said with a little laugh. I pulled away the napkin and it wasn't bleeding anymore. It became a very awkward silence for a good minute.

"Well uh, we're about to close up. There's not enough room for both of you in the car, so you two should walk together." Soda said. I whipped my head quickly to see his face. He knew what he was doing.

"Cmon Soda." Steve said going to the door. Ponyboy awkwardly looked at me and we 'agreed' to leave. We walked for a good 10 or so minutes without talking. The silence was horrid. I looked at him to see him looking at his fingers.

"So uh...how did Steve break your arm?" He asked after a moment.

"We we're arm wrestling." I said.

"How long do you have to have it on?" He asked.

"8 weeks, I've only had it for a few days." I said.

"Wow. I missed a lot in a couple weeks." He said.

"Sure did. There's another thing you don't know about either at my house or yours." I said.

"What's that?" He asked confused.

"A creature. That's all I'm gonna say." I said.

"A creature?" "Is it two-bit?" He added.

"No." I said laughing a little. "It's not anything that can speak English." I said. He laughed at that and it died away again. I felt weird not knowing what to say with him.

"Hey." He said pausing. "I don't know what's really going on." "Are you upset with me?"

"No.. not really." I said.

"We're you upset with me before I left?" He asked.

"I guess a little bit. But I was necessarily upset, just...confused I guess." I said.

"Confused about me and Diane?" He asked. I nodded my head yes. "We're you wanting to go with me?"

"I don't know, I just thought maybe we could go together as .. well I don't know exactly what..." I said trailing off.

"As friends?" He asked looking at me with an odd look like he was scared to hear the answer.

"Y-yeah, friends." I said after thinking. This was awkward and confusing.

"Friends." He said to himself. "Well, so you're not mad at me now for sure?"

"No, I'm not." I said. He smiled at that for a moment. We walked back home and started talking about what had happened over the weeks. It was nice talking again. Except I couldn't stop thinking about the friends.

We got to my house and I wanted to see if Gully was there.

"Hey, wanna hangout for a little while? I think Aunt Darlene would love to see you." I said. His face lit up then went down.