𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 - 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀

Devyns POV

It was Friday, everyone was talking about tonight. It was rather annoying. And Ponyboy wasn't talking to me. When me and Two-bit stopped at the Curtis house Sodapop said he already left. It was really confusing. In my classes with him all he's done is ignore me. I tried talking to him, but he didn't even bat an eye. I sat through the rest of this boring class period waiting to go to 6th period.

After the bell rang I began walking to my Geometry class when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to see a rather popular Soc girl, Simone Carrington.

"What's up?" I asked kinda confused.

"Since when have you and Mason been dating?" She said.

"What? Mason Shirley?" I asked even more confused.

"Yeah, words got it you two are a thing now." She said.

"Wait, no, no. Me and Mason are not dating." I made sure to emphasize not. "Who said we were?"

"Apparently some people seen you walking with his arm around you and you leaving with him." She said.

"Oh God." I said. "That wasn't a 'thing,' I skipped my 8th period and just needed to walk with them to get through the doors." I said.

"So you're not dating... or talking or anything?" She asked a little disappointed.

"No, I don't like Mace like that. Who all thinks we're together?" I asked.

"About half the school. It's been spreading like wildfire." She said.

"Jeez. I don't even talk to 90% of the kids here." I groaned.

"Yeah but, Mason is a big football player, and everyone knows your name from well, what happened this summer." She said.

"This is horrible." I said.

"I know. I thought I needed to ask, I always thought you and the Curtis boy had a thing. I was really shocked to hear it." She said.

"Well, thanks for telling me Simone, you're a life saver. Now I know why people have been giving me side eyes." I said.

"Who's doing that?" She asked.

"Just people in general." I said.

"Ok, well I'd you need anything talk to me. I'll see if I can smooth anything over for you." She said.

"Thank you so much, you're the best." I said. She smiled and said bye. I guess I know why Ponyboy's been ignoring me. I went to my sixth period hoping to find Mace. Luckily I had him for two periods in the day, right after each other. I seen him in the back of the classroom and went over there. At least none of his friends were around. I tapped his shoulder causing him to turn.

"Oh hey Devyn, I was hoping to find you before the end of the day. Have you heard about it?" He asked.

"Yeah that's why I am over here." I said.

"Listen I didn't start any of them, I swear, somebody decided to ruin the day for me and you." He said.

"I know you didn't, I just wanted to verify with you that you knew what was happening." I said.

"Yeah. I tried to talk to Curtis earlier and he seemed irritated. I knew you two might've had something so I tried to tell him." He said. Does everybody think this?

"I need to find him, he's not talking to me either." I said.

"That's rough. We should probably sit down before the teacher comes in and flips his lid though." He said.