𝐸𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁 - 𝑆𝑡𝑢𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑠

Ponyboys POV

I was walking home from having to talk with Diane. She wanted to talk about our dress/tux ideas. I realized how much I screwed this all up. I felt horrible, and I was leaving in the middle of 1st period tomorrow. I don't know if I'd be able to talk to Devyn, or if she'd even want to talk to me. I was pretty close to my house, a few down from Devyns. I walked by it trying to see if she was in there, no lights were on. I continued walking to my house.

I walked in the house to see Devyn asleep on Dally's shoulder with his arm over her shoulders. She looked so peaceful, it made me feel even worse. Dal on the other hand, looked like he wanted to slap me right there. Matt didn't look different, he was playing cards with Steve and Soda. I walked into the kitchen smelling the reminisce of food. He looked at me whenever I walked in. He gave me that side eye.

"Don't look at me like that." I said getting some food onto my plate.

"I'm not doing anything." Darry defended.

"Yeah, but I see it in your eyes. I know I screwed up." I said.

"Well I'd agree from what I've heard." Darry said.

"What did you hear?" I asked.

"That you asked a girl to prom. That wasn't Devyn. Dal seemed a little heated about it, I'd watch out if I were you little buddy." Darry said.

"Oh man." I said. I ate half of the food, I wasn't really hungry. I walked by the living room catching a glimpse at Devyn. She looked same as earlier.

Devyns POV

"Hey Dev, wake- woah." I came to hearing Matt.

"What.??" I said struggling to wake up. My head was killing me.

"Your head—it's burning up." Matt said putting his hand on my forehead. Dally put his hand over mine and pulled it off.

"Jeez, it is pretty hot, are you feeling alright?" Dally asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Ok, well, we gotta go home Devyn." Matt said.

"Ok." I replied getting up slowly.

"Bye guys." Soda said. We all said bye and started out. I about tripped trying to walk down the steps.

"You good?" Matt asked.

"Yeah." I responded. I was walking really slow, cause you know I just woke up.

Two-bit and Matt were chatting up a storm when Matt looked back at me.

"Here, you want a ride?" Matt asked.

"I guess." I said. He went back to me and bent down a little. I jumped onto his back, making sure he didn't tip over. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head.

"I can't remember the last time I carried you, you were maybe 10?" He said questioning himself.

"Something like that." I responded. When we got home I got off Matt's back and went to the medicine cabinet. I grabbed the aspirin bottle and popped one out. I used to take two or three when I felt really bad, but I remembered Ponyboy taking like 5, and reacting not so well. I crawled into the Murphy bed beside Matt who was already covering up.

"You sure you're feeling alright?" Matt asked.

"Yeah. I just need some sleep." I said covering up.

"Ok." Matt said hesitantly. I was out quicker than I could imagine.

Ponyboys POV