𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧

Devyns POV

We ran up to this big ole building with Bucks on a sign. The music was so loud you could hear it outside. Johnny banged on the door and we waited for a response. The door opened to reveal a mid 20s lookin man.

"What do you boys want?" He said.

"Dally, w-w-we gotta see Dally." Johnny said.

"He's busy." The guy said.

"Just tell him it's Pony, Johnny, and Devyn man! He'll come!" Johnny said. "C'mon!" The guy looked for a moment and closed the door. I'm hoping to go find Dally. We went over to the window to watch for Dal. After a moment we seen shirtless Dally getting pointed towards the door. We went over to the door right as it opened.

"What do you guys want?" Dal asked, sounded like he just woke up.

"Johnny killed a Soc." Pony said.

"What?" Dal asked surprised. "Alright good for you, lets go." Dal said.

"We figured you could get us out if anything Dal. I-I I'm sorry I got you away from this party and all, but I just don't know what to do man." Johnny said.

"I was just trying to get some sleep. Got in a fight with Tim Shepard tonight. Let me see what I can do about this mess. Get in here." Dal said grabbing our shoulders to pull us in.

"Ponyboy, Devyn are you wet?" Dal asked confused.

"Yeah, I'm ok." Pony responded. I nodded in response. Dal got behind us keeping his hand on my shoulder as we walked through. Ponyboy kept walking towards this pool table room.

"Hey Hey pony c'mon man." Dal said grabbing his arm. "You'll die of pneumonia before the cops even get to ya." We walked the stairs and I reached out to pet the dog passing by.

"Don't pet it keep going." Dal said. Rude. We got into his room and he shut the door behind us.

"Hey stupid take off the sweatshirt will you man. You'll freeze to death." Dal said to pony. He dug in his dresser and grabbed a towel and threw it at him. I stood there freezing to death but Dally didn't pick up on that. He grabbed a heater out of his dresser and handed it to Johnny.

"Here. Don't point that thing at me, will you? It's loaded c'mon." Dal said. Dally closed the window and got somethin out of a pocket.

"Here's 50 bucks. Look I'm not itchin to be the one to tell your brother and get my head kicked in man." Dally said to ponyboy.

"Then don't tell him." Pony said. Dally handed pony a flannel off his bed. "Here its bucks it's big on ya, but it's dry." He said. "Would you get over- you're completely soaked. Why didn't you say somethin." Dal said looking at me. He got up and went to his dresser and went through his drawers. "I don't have anything that will fit you.... what did you fall in a pool or somethin?" He said. He grabbed a shirt and some dark blue jeans.

"Here, take these and go to that bathroom right outside my door. Go straight in there don't talk to anyone, not one person. Come straight back in here." Dal said. I walked outside of the room and went in the bathroom to  change into the clothes. The bathroom was so nasty I about barfed. I was getting the shirt on when there was a knock at the door.

"In here!" I said trying to make my voice deep. It didn't work very well.

"Who's in there?" The guy asked. I could tell he was drunk through the door.

"A person. I'll be out in a second." I said hurriedly.

"Is it a little lady in there? Mind if I come in?" The guy asked.