𝐹𝐼𝐹𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁 - 𝑉𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑡

Devyns POV

Today was the day. Matt was supposed to be here around 12. Said he was leaving about 9, and it takes about 3 hours to get to Tulsa.

He was coming to the Mathews Household, even though I pretty much live in the Curtis house. Matt was gonna be staying on the couch with me, sense it's one of those that folds out into a bed. He said he practically had to argue with his parents to let him come here. He's gonna be staying here for one-close to-two weeks. I was watching every car go by in case it was Matt's.

"If you stare out that window anymore you're gonna grow a beard." Two-bit said. That didn't make the most since, but whatever. I turned around from the back of the couch and waited. I may be able to fast walk outside to Matt. I can walk without crutches, just not for really long periods of time.

I'd say about 20 minutes went by when I heard a truck rumble. Not just any rumble, Matt's rumble. I whipped around on the couch and looked out the window. I seen Matt's white truck, with the cherry red stripe going through the middle, pull into the driveway.

"He's here!" I practically yelled. I got off the couch and hurried out the door. When the door closed he turned around and seen me.

"Devyn!" He said just as excited as me. He ran to me and picked me up in a hug.

"I missed you so much." I said.

"I missed you two kid." He said. He always called me kid, we're only 2 years apart!

"Cmon I want you to meet two-bit." I said.

"Let me get my bags real quick." He said.

"I can help-"

"No. I got it." He said cutting me off. I turned around and looked in the window to see if what I was thinking was true. Two-bit was watching through the blinds. I silently scolded him pointing back inside. He pulled away right before Matt showed up.

"Ready?" I said.

"Yup." He said smiling. We started walking in and two-bit was being as he called it, I think, natural normal. Or the other way around, I can't remember.

"So." I said kinda awkward as two got up. "Matt this is two-bit Mathews, Two-bit this is Matt Daniels." I said. They shook hands and gave each other a look over.

"Alright, so uh, where can I put my bags?" He asked.

"Um, just follow me." I said. I had a area I kept all my stuff, so I guess he was too.
"Right here." I said gesturing to the ground. He set his stuff down and stretched a little.

"So." He said putting his arm over my shoulder. "What's going on in the world of Devyn." He said.

"Not too much, I've told you the most of it." I said.

"Let me be more clear, what's the deal with the Pony dude?" He asked.

"Oh jeez." I groaned. "There's not really a 'deal' more like..." I trailed off trying to think of the word.

"Got the hots for him, but he doesn't like you back, huh?" He said.

"Exactly." I said. "But cmon, I don't know what two wants to do, but I want you to meet the rest of the gang." I said.

"I'm down." He said. We walked into the living room.

"So do you wanna go to the Curtis house so he can meet everyone?" I asked.

"Why not." Two-bit said. We started walking out of the house and two-bit was already at the road.

"We can take my truck if you want." Matt said. Two-bit turned around and acted like he was debating it, which I knew he wanted to say yes. He nodded and started walking back. I hurriedly walked to the drive side to open the door for Matt. He did that funny grin with a small laugh and got in. I closed the door and seen two-bit looking confused.