𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚀

Devyns POV

Something was shaking Ponyboy making me open my eyes. I about lost it when I seen Dallas Winston standing over us.

"Morning blondies." Dal said messing with Pony's hair. I raised up as Dally went over to wake up Johnny.

"How's Soda doin?" Pony said.

"What about two-bit?" I asked.

"Hey Dal how are ya doin?" Johnny asked.

"Is he upset?" Pony said.

"Is the fuzz after us?" Johnny asked.

"Wait one thing at a time. Are you guys hungry? I'm starving man." Dal said.

"You're starving? Try baloney for four days." Johnny said.

"Aye you gotta cancer stick Johnny?" Dal asked.

"Yeah." Johnny said. He handed Dally a cigarette and Dal dug something out of his pocket.

"Got a special delivery for Ponyboy Curtis and Devyn Mathews. For you man." Dal said handing Pony his then tossing me mine.

"Who's this from?" Pony asked.

"The president of the United States." Dal said.

"Yeah right." Pony said.

"I'm serious man." Dal said making me laugh a little. "From your brother Sodapop, and Devyn yours is from two-bit."

"How'd he know I was here?" Pony asked.

"I told him I didn't know where you were, he didn't believe me. He really wanted me to give that to you man." Dal said. I opened up the letter and started reading.

      Hey Devyn I don't really know where you are right now or how you're doin. I'm sure Dally knows so I gave this to him. I'm sorry kid that I didn't bring you home, or didn't come looking for you. I wanted to go to Texas like the cops said y'all were but Dally talked us out of it. Aunt Darlene's been worried sick about you too, the whole gangs worried about y'all. Please come home soon, I don't know how exactly but we can figure out somethin. I feel bad that I didn't get to spend a lot of time with you before this mess happened. I promise when you get home we're gonna do anything that comes along the way. Shopping, driving, eating, shoplifting, anything you want to do. I'm worried about you, and I wanna know you're alright. Please come home.

                 -The one and only twobit. 

If I was emotional, I'd probably have a tear to be honest. Didn't think he could care about me that much considering he barely had me for 24 hours.

"Hey Dal, what's going on with the cops, you hear anything?" Johnny asked.

"How come you got hauled in?" Ponyboy asked.

"Those boys down at the station know my by name. While I was there, they kinda beat out of me that you guys were... Get this one, that you guys were headin to Texas, man. They think you guys are in Texas. Texas, man.. God." Dal said proud of his lead on. I got up like ponyboy and put on Dallys jacket. "Look at this guy with the hair man, I can't believe it." Dal said adding a wink at ponyboy. "Blondie man." Dal teased.

"I know I look lousy, but don't rub it in." Pony said. I didn't think it looked that bad, but I guess that was an unpopular opinion. We started walking out of the church.

"You guys wanna get something to eat?" Dal asked.

"You better believe it." Johnny said. We got out the door and got to this real nice car.