𝑆𝐼𝑋𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁 - 𝑆𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙

Devyns POV

Matt's been here for, 4 days, I think. He said he's gonna go back in about a week. That's gonna suck, but I'm glad he's here now.

Pony, Matt, and me have been walking around with Dally. We were close to the tasty freeze I knew, hopefully we were gonna stop for drinks. I was dehydrated horribly.

Luckily, Dally started towards the doors. We sat down at a booth and waited for the waiter. She eventually got to us and took our orders. Dally tried picking at her, but she didn't pay no attention to him. I was taking turns with Pony and Matt doing that game with sugar packets, when you try and flick it into the 'goal.' I had just made contact with it when someone's voice scared me.

"Hey Dally." I looked up to see as what I remembered as Tim Shepard. Except, there was a guy with, and man he wasn't bad on looks.

"Hey Tim— hey Curly, I thought you were in for 6 months?" Dal asked. Curly? I remember Pony saying something about him. Like they burned each others arm with cigarette butts for some reason??

"Tim got me out early." Curly said.

"Yup, got just enough from a race to get him out. I'm not doing it again though." Tim said. Curly rolled his eyes a little, not enough for Tim to see. "Mind if we grab a seat behind y'all?" He said already sitting behind us.

"Nah." Dally replied half outta it. The waitress came back with our drinks then went to take the Shepard order.

I was taking a sip out of my Dr. Pepper when someone tapped me on the shoulder. "Hey doll." Curly said.

"Hey." I responded trying not to choke on my drink. I turned around to see him smiling, wow he was actually pretty good looking.

"I've never seen you around here before-"

"That's Mathews little sister." Tim said cutting him off.

"Oh? A little Mathews, huh? Didn't even know he had a sister. Well, you don't look like him much, but that's a good thing." He said the last part a little quieter. I was trying not to smile to be honest. "How old are you?"

"14." I said.

"I'm 15, ain't that bad." He said. That's not a big gap or anything, but I'm not gonna date him. "I got a sister, she's 14 almost 15, I bet you two could get along alright, her names Angela." He said. I didn't really know what to say, but he didn't seem to mind. The waitress brought a basket of fries as the 'appetizer.' I grabbed a fry and went back. I mean Curly didn't seem horrible, but I like Pony, I hadn't even looked at Pony.

"Can I have one?" Curly asked. I shrugged and grabbed one for him. Dal kept sending death glares at him and me. Curly went to grab a sip of his drink and Dal basically punched my leg which hurt. 'What?' I mouthed. He darted his eyes to Curly and back at me and shook his head. I looked at Pony and Matt, Matt didn't seem bothered, but Pony kept looking at Curly. Tim whispered something to Curly for a moment. Curly was looking at him reluctantly. Curly leaned back against his booth looking towards me.

"So what area are you from?" Curly asked.

"Arkansas, Jessieville, Arkansas." I said.

"Arkansas?" He repeated mostly to himself. "Never seen a decent Arkansas chick before."

"You we're probably looking in the wrong parts." I said.

"Must've been, you in Tulsa permanently?" He asked.

"Far as I know." I said.

"Alright." He said with a small smirk. "I don't think this conversation will get very far right now, but think I'll see you around sometime?" He asked.