𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞

Devyns POV

We were walking back to the Curtis house right now. They were either complaining or goofing around. I kept looking to Ponyboy, there was something about him that I just can't explain. He was just so...pretty, but also handsome. I was just observing the neighborhood right now, trying to remember where exactly we were. I glanced over to ponyboy only to realize he was looking at me too. He quickly looked the other way. I smiled to myself a little, I didn't think I was smiling that big. Evidently I was cause two-bit bumped my arm causing me to look up at him.

"What are you smilin about?" He asked.

"Oh uh- nothing." I said. He looked at me looking a little skeptical, but didn't question it any further. I let out a little breathe, that could've been real embarrassing. I honestly would've expected the guys to be awkward or somethin around me, but they were acting like I'm assuming normal for them. I recognized the block we were on as the Curtis brothers block.

"Walking by yourself. You don't ever think." Darry said to pony.

"All's I did was walk home from the movies." Ponyboy said. 

"Movies and book. Movies and Books! You know I-I wish that you could concentrate on something else. Just once in a while." Darry said.

"Why don't you concentrate on girls and cars? It works for me!" Sodapop recommended.

"Look if you had to go by yourself, you shoulda carried a blade." Darry said.

"Oh yeah that would've been a great excuse for the Socs to cut his neck a little more there." Sodapop said.

"If I want my kid brother to tell me what to do with my other kid brother, I'll ask your alright? Kid brother." Darry said walking away from them.
Ponyboy said somethin to Soda I couldn't hear.

"How is it kid?" Dally asked walking towards Pony.

"I'm fine." Pony responded.

"What are you doin out of the cooler Dal?" Ponyboy asked as Steve cut infront of Dal.

"Yeah? And what are you doin walking by your lonesome self out in the streets huh?" Steve asked. Two-bit went over to the boys grouping so I just followed getting beside him and Pony.

"It's none of your business Marty." Ponyboy said.

"It's none of my business?! Look at my nose." Steve said unhappily.

"It's huge." Ponyboy said. I stifled a laugh for the sake of Steve.

"Smartas*. He's a smartas* kid." Steve said to Two-bit.

"Thought you were in for 90 days Dal?" Ponyboy asked.

"Yeah I got out early man. Good behavior ya know." Dally said.

"Hey Johnny man. How are you doing bro?" Dally asked going towards Johnny.

"Things would go a lot better if the Socs stayed on there side of town man." Johnny said.

"Don't worry about that Johnny. We're gonna have it out with them sooner or later." Steve said.

"We sure as hell are. They keep comin over to our side of town." Soda said.

"Damn right." Steve said. We had walked over to one of their cars by now. I was just kinda following Two-bit like a lost puppy.

"Those the same guys that got you?" Dally asked.

"No, they were other guys." Johnny said.

"Now that I'm out, I'm gonna make it my business to get the guys that did that to your face." Dal said pointing to Johnnys scar.