𝚂𝙸𝚇 - 𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚡𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎

Devyns POV

We stopped a little away from these oil dudes and looked at each other.

"Well?" Johnny said.

"Well what?" Pony said.

"Well go and ask em. Ask em where were at." Johnny said. "The story won't be in the paper yet."

"Why don't you go ask em?" Pony said.

"My ankles hurt and I don't wanna walk on em." Johnny said.

"Your ankles hurt?" I asked. He looked at me as a shutup dude.

"What am I even supposed to say?" Pony said.

"Just act like a farm boy taking a walk they'll never know." Johnny said.

"Do I look like a farm boy to you?" Pony said.

"Yeah." I said.

"Just ask em where...jay mountain is." Johnny said.

"They're gonna know who I am as soon as they look at me." Pony said.

"They're not gonna recognize you." Johnny said. Pony looked at Johnny for a second and decided to go talk to them. He walked over to the guys and said some things we couldn't hear over the oil rig.

We walked for what felt like forever. I looked around and seen the a cross peeking out.

"Guys look, I think it's the church." I said pointing. The boys looked ahead and seen it too.

"Homie looking." Johnny said sarcastically. We walked up to the church and attempted finding the door. We got to some boards and started tearing them off.

We got in and started looking around.

"Man I hope there ain't no mice in here." I said walking towards the front.

"Devyn this things probably got a mouse colony somewhere." Johnny said.

"Looks like y'all get to kill them cause I ain't touching a mouse." I said.

"Aw is Devyn scared of a little ole mousey?" Ponyboy teased.

"No, more like disgusted. Those things are like the devils spawn or somethin like that. They multiply if you poor water on em I swear." I said.

"What have you poured water on a rat before?" Johnny said.

"Yes, I was desperate to kill the thing and it just ran off. Next thing I knew there was a bunch of more rats." I said.

"How does that even happen." Pony said.

"Desperate situations cause desperate measures." I said.

"Is it supposed to desperate times cause for desperate measures?" Pony said.

"Yeah but it wasn't a desperate 'time' just like a desperate two days." I said.

"So you got rid of mice in two days?" Johnny said.

"Yeah, I found their little whole and threw a bunch of firecrackers in there and boom, no more mice. Except the Daniels got really mad at me cause they had to replace the cabinet it was under." I said. "But I guess they woulda rather had rats."

"You blew up the mice?" Johnny asked.

"Yup." I said.

"Glad we're on your good side." Pony said.

"Who said that?" I asked. They both looked a little confused.

"I'm kidding, you guys dig ok, I wouldn't blow you up." I said.