𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌 - 𝐶𝑎𝑠𝑡

Devyns POV

It was Tuesday which meant Ponyboy would be back in two days. I was so nervous and excited. It felt weird going this long without talking to him. I was attached to him whether I liked to admit it or not. I was getting dressed when Two-bit banged on the bathroom door.

"Hurry up Devyn I'm about to pi*s myself!" Two-bit yelled hurriedly. I laughed and grabbed my stuff. I got out and he basically ambushed me. I went to the living room and put my converse on.

I was supposed to share the room with Two-bit soon, I was rather fine on the couch, but Aunt Darlene didn't think so. Said "it makes you sound bummy." So, I'm getting kicked off the couch. I got up and started looking for Gully.

"Gully!" I hollered. I didn't hear anything back so I started looking around. I checked some rooms and looked by his food bowl. He was chowing down. "You gave me a heart attack little man." He looked up at me wagging his tail happily. I petted him and went back to the living room. Gully got to stick around, which thrilled me on a whole other level. The guys made fun of him for his name a little bit, but who cares it's cool. The next day or so after Darry fixed him, he was a little touch and go. I was scared he was gonna die, which now I highly doubt is gonna happen. He's went to the Curtis house with us for the past two days, Gully's rubbing off on the guys.

After a few minutes we started to the Curtis house. I held Gully while we walked cause his leg was still in rough shape. I knew how he felt, so I saved him the sorrow. We got to the Curtis house and he was squiggling to get out of my arms. We got inside to see Soda, Steve, and Dally on the couch. Must not have work today. Johnny gets out in about a month, we were all ready to see him again. He should get out sometime around Christmas time, don't know exactly when.

"Hey puppy dog." Soda said immediately. Sodapop really liked the dog. I went over to the couch to join some of them.

"Schooch over." I said to Dal.

"Who's gonna make me?" He said with an attitude. I shrugged and flopped down landing halfway on him. "I really don't like you sometimes." He said. He scooted over and I smiled. I love bossing Dallas Winston around to be honest.

We watched the tv for a while, I picked up Gully and brought him into my lap. He licked my face, which I hate, but I made an exception for him. He whined looking at Dally. I looked at him too and he was starting at the dog like he was sizing him up.

"Why's he doing that?" Dal asked.

"Cause he likes you." I responded.

"Make him stop it." Dal said.

"Mhm...no." I said. He gave me a death look, but didn't say anything. I looked at the tv again. Soda and Steve got up and did whatever they do, you usually know whenever you hear Steve or something getting broken.

Gully started crawling over to Dal's lap.
"No, no, no, no, I don't want you." He said.

"Oh cmon Dal, loosen up." I said. The dog was looking at Dally patiently. He started at him for a second and slowly started to pet his back. I felt like a proud mom, Dally was looking at him with a little smile at the corner of his mouth.

Eventually, 3 o'clock ish, Darry got home. Guess he got off work early, which he deserved because he worked too hard. He disappeared into his room for a while. He does that everyday, don't know what he's doing, but it's not my business either.

I kinda felt like I was waiting around for the days to go by. I don't even know how it's gonna go, Pony and me didn't talk before he left, but it's not like I was really made at him. Yeah, I was a little upset, but I didn't hate him. Surely he wasn't upset with me, he couldn't be. All I know is I wanted to see him again, hear his voice even. He hasn't wrote to any of us so far, which he told me he would write to me.