𝚃𝙴𝙽 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚕

Dally's POV

"C'mon Johnny get her arm man!" I said holding onto her as she dangled. I barely managed to grab her before she fell to the bottom. Johnny grabbed her and we pulled her up. She was on fire. My jackets the only thing between her back and that fire. We pulled her out quickly and just in time. I was putting out the fire on her back as the church came tumbling down. My arm was burnt bad. Stupid kids man. Ambulances and fire trucks started pulling up. I got off the last of the fire on her and rolled her over. Some fat dude was holding ponyboy. Johnny was laying on the ground looking exhausted. They came out with stretchers and got ponyboy first. When they got to us they looked a little shocked at Devyn. I didn't see what happened really, but I know she got hit. They carried her away and came back for me and Johnny. Once they got Johnny they came back to me.

"No, no I don't need one of those." I said backing away.

"Sir you need to be checked out." The paramedic said.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Sir, please." The guy said. I looked for a moment and got in the stretcher. The ambulances started pulling off one by one.

"You can't smoke in here." The nurse said. I reluctantly put the weed back in the box. Man why did Pony go in the church.

Ponyboy's POV

I woke up and everything came flooding back.

"Devyn, Johnny, Dallas." I said trying to raise up only to get pushed back down by someone.

"They're alright." The person said.
"They're behind us, in another ambulance."

"Anyways, you guys are the bravest kids I've seen in a long time. What are you guys professional hero's or somethin?" The fat dude from the fire said.

"We're greasers." I said.

"Are-are you kidding me?" He asked.

"No I ain't kidding you. Take me to town you'll find out pretty fast." I said.

I was sitting in the waiting room with him. I put a cigarette in my mouth and lit it.

"You know you shouldn't be smoking son." He said.

"Why not?" I said.

"Cause you're a young man that's why. It's a bad habit to get into." He said.

"You're smoking." I said.

"I'm older than you are. I've been smoking for a long time too." He said. The nurses started coming through with Devyn, Johnny, and Dally. Devyn was at the front of the line and she looked worst. She had burns all on her shoulders and arms. She wasn't even conscious. I watched her go by. This is all my fault. Johnny was awake he gave me a smile as he went by. Dally on the other hand didn't look so, calm.

"If you ever pull a stunt like that again I'm gonna kill you." Dally said as he went by. I took a drag on my cigarette and leaned my head back. I don't even know fully what happened. I passed out before any of it. I heard the elevator ding as it opened. I looked to see who it was. Sodapop. I got up and ran to him hugging him tight.

"Oh look at your tough hair." Soda said as I pulled away from him.

"Pony." I heard Darry say. I looked at him, expecting him to be mad. But he wasn't. He looked sad. I ran to him and hugged him. I missed this.. I felt Sodapop join us.

"I thought we lost you like we did mom and dad." Darry said. We sat down and waited to see if we could see any of them before it was too late in the night.