𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐸𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁 - 𝐷𝑜𝑔 𝐷𝑎𝑦𝑠

Dally's POV

I was driving Devyn around, trying to find something to do. It was only Friday, so about a week til Pony was back. She's been in a weird mood since both Matt and Pony left. She keeps saying nothings wrong, but we've all noticed she's bummed out.

"Wanna eat somewhere?" I asked.

"Sure." She said.

"Got a place in mind?" I asked.

"Not really." She said. "Wait hold on, what about The Shake?"

"Alright. Looks like we're goin to The Shake." I said. The cheesiest place you'll see in Tulsa, I swear.

We got to the place, and she actually looked pretty happy. We walked in and ordered, I just ordered what she got with a coke. We found a seat and started talking.

"What're you thinking about?" I asked.

"I want a fish." She said. I looked at her not knowing if she was serious.

"Huh?" I said.

"I want a fish, you know I could take care of it, name it, and not have to worry about it arguing back." She said.

"Uh. . .I could probably get you a fish. . .why are you even thinking about that?" I asked.

"I don't know. It'd just be cool to have a fish. A goldfish, I could name it Clouse." She said.

"Clouse?" I repeated. Weirdest kid I've ever met.

"Yeah." She said. We got our food and started eating.

"Can we go see Johnny? I miss him." She said randomly.

"No, we can't. We seen him 4 days ago, only get to visit once a week." I said.

"That's stupid." She said shoving a fry into her ketchup.

"Trust me I know, but we can see him soon." I said.

"Guess so." She said. We ate pretty peacefully til I heard someone say my name.

"Hey Dally." I think I recognized the voice. I looked to see a guy from the Shepard gang. We used to be buds, not the best anymore.

"Hey Joe." I said.

"How you been?" He asked.

"Alright. You?" I asked. Devyn wasn't paying much attention to him, but he was looking at her.

"About as good as it gets here." He said. We talked for a moment and he sat down. I didn't feel much like talking to him.

As the conversation went on he kept looking at Devyn. I slapped his arm making him look at me.

"She's 14." I whispered.

"What?" He said. He looked at her one more time bewildered.

"Seriously lay off man." I said.

"I will. . .I don't feel like going to jail right now." He said.

"Smart idea." I said. There wasn't much more talk and he left. Devyn had finished most of her food.

When she was done we headed out.

"Wanna go anywhere else?" I asked.

"Nowhere in particular." She said.

"Wanna drive around for a little then go home?" I asked.

"Sure." She said. We got in the car and took some detours around Tulsa.