Chapter 5

"Alex!"

"Yea George?"

"Are you almost ready?"

"Yea!"

"Okay. I'm just finishing these pancakes for the road" George said hollering upstairs to Alex.

"Okay George."

George heard Alex pounding down the stairs to see George.

"Hey Alex?"

"What's up George?"

George moved his way to the counter where the newspaper lay and held up the post-it note. Alex's smile immediately dropped.

"Alex. I could never leave you! Why would you ever think such a thing?" George said moving closer to Alex to make eye contact.

"I- I don't know. I just don't want to loose you George! Your my bestfriend and yea Clay is a celebrity but-"

"Alex." George said cutting Alex off. "Your my bestfriend too."

"I am?"

"Yes! I am so grateful to have you in my life!" George said wishing how much Alex knew this.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go meet Clay!" Alex said excitedly running out to the car.

George scrambled to put pancakes in two bags for him and Alex to eat. On one bag he took a sharpie and wrote 'Quackity :]' and 'Georgenotfound :]' on the other bag. When they were little George and Alex made up nicknames for each other. George smiled at the happy little memory. George threw the sharpie back in the drawer and shut it. Grabbing his phone on the counter he hopped in the car with the bags of pancakes.

"George! You remembered the nicknames!" Alex said happily.

"Of course I did. How could I not."

Alex beamed and ate his pancakes while driving to the pizza place. George had finished his pancakes and was looking out the window when they arrived. They hopped and waited for Clay.

                             Clay

Were here :]

Okay I'm on my
way George.

Okay

"George?"

George looked up from where he was sitting to the familiar voice and there stood Catherine standing over him. George opened his mouth to speak but Alex spoke for him.

"What do you want Catherine." Alex said speaking in a harsh tone.

"I just want to see George. Can't I see my old boyfriend?"

Alex and Catherine started arguing. George stood there helplessly. He felt a hand on the back of his shoulder and flinched.

"Oh Clay its just you" George sighed

Clay smiled a bit and turned to the two arguing.

"Is there a problem here?"

"C-Clay! Umm yea this girl won't leave us alone." Alex said looking excitedly and worried at George.

Catherine looked like she was in shock.

"Are you Clay? Part of The Dreamers band..?" Catherine said looking stunned.

Alex rolled his eyes and mumbled something George couldn't hear.

"Yea. Yea I am Are you bothering my friends here?"