Chapter 16

Alex Pov

"Alex what's wrong?" The words from the blonde echoed through my head a million times.

"I need you too always be there for George. Do you understand?" I stared at Clay for a moment, knowing my eyes were bright with fear and regret.

"Look Alex, I already promised myself that. I love him." Clay said, whispering too me softly. "He's the light of my life, and I wouldn't have it any different."

"Good. I trust you Clay. You can't tell George anything yet okay? I want to tell him myself."

"Tell him what?" The blonde said looking curiously at me. "Alex?" He said looking at me, after I didn't respond. "What's wrong?"

I sighed silently looking the blonde in the eyes. "Clay," I said taking a deep breath. I felt my eyes get a little wet, but I brushed it off quickly. "I have pneumonia."

"What," The blonde said speechlessly. "What do you mean Alex"

"Listen. I need you to watch out for George. Before I came along he was all alone. He needs someone. Someone like you. Someone who loves him"

"I do love him," The blonde said softly. "I love him so much"

"You promise me?" I asked him, knowing he would do anything for George. "I promise Alex" The blonde said to me, rubbing my shoulder in reassurance.

"Thank you Clay"

The blonde shook his head. "No need to thank me Alex. I'd do anything for George, whether you would of asked me too or not"

Clay Pov

"Alex what's wrong?" I asked the ravenette sitting across from me. He seemed to stop and think about what I asked him, staring at the wall behind me.

"I need you too always be there for George. Do you understand?" The ravenette stared back at me making eye contact, waiting for my answer. His eyes were filled with fear, and I wondered what was wrong. "Look Alex, I already promised myself that. I love him" Alex looked back at me with a slight smile on his face, but his eyes had fear deep within them. "He's the light of my life Alex, and I wouldn't have it any different."

Alex looked at me seeming happy with my answer. "Good. I trust you Clay, but you can't tell George anything yet. I want to tell him myself." Tell him what? I thought to myself. "Tell him what?" I asked, looking at Alex who was avoiding eye contact with me.

Alex didn't respond still lookig away from me. "Alex" I said pausing, knowing he could hear me. "What's wrong?"

The ravenette looked up, finally looking at me in the eyes. "Clay," I heard him take a deep breath. I waited for whatever he was going to say preparing myself for the worst. "I have pneumonia" His eyes seemed blurry, as I noticed he had finally just admited to himself what he just told me.

"What" I asked not knowing what to say. "What do you mean Alex?" Thoughts swarmed my mind. Will Alex be okay? Calm down its probably just temporary. Right?

"Listen. I need you too watch out for George. Before I came along he was all alone. He needs someone. Someone like you. Someone who loves him."

"Alex, I do love him" I whispered softly so only the ravenette across from me could hear. "I love him so much."

"You promise me?" The ravenette asked me. His eyes were laced with happiness for George, clearly knowing what I was going to say. "I promise Alex." I rubbed the ravenette on his shoulder, letting him know I was there, and wasn't going to leave him.

"Thank you Clay" The ravenette said smiling at me.

I immediately shook my head. "No need to thank me Alex. I'd do anything for George, whether you would of asked me too or not."

"So when are you planning on telling George" I asked Alex.

"Tell me what?" George asked, coming back to the booth we were at. I looked at Alex, exchanging a sorry glance with him.

"Its nothing George." Said the ravenette. The brunette gave a skeptical glance, but seemed to believe it as he sat down. The three of us chatted quietly between us, until the pizza came.

"Here you go," The waiter said smiling. "Enjoy!" We thanked her and ate the pizza laughing and smiling at each other.

George Pov

"Clay~" I said making my tone whinny. "I'm bored~" The blonde laughed and asked Alex if they were ready too leave. Alex nodded, and I jumped up excitedly trying to pull Clay, who was waiting for Alex.

"Alex~" I said impatiently. "Come on~" The blonde laughed slightly as I tried pulling him harder. "Give up yet Georgie" I huffed and let go of his arm and pushing my head into his shoulder roughly, and mumbling Clay couldn't understand.

"Aw, is my little Sunflower mad" Clay said too me as Alex stood by laughing, watching us. "I know how to fix this" The blonde said. I could practically imagine him smirking at Alex as he said this.

I waited for a few seconds thinking nothing was going too happen. Suddenly I was lifted off of the ground, and into the blondes arms. "Clay!" I yelled. Clay and Alex bursted into laughter, as I sat in Clays arms trying to get out. The blonde noticed this and walked out of the restaurant, gesturing for Alex to follow him.

Clay opened the passenger door of his car, and put me inside setting me on the seat. Alex sat in the back still laughing as Clay climbed inside, trying to stiffle his wheezing.

"You guys actually suck." I said causing the two to laugh even harder. "And Clay, you literally sound like a tea kettle."

"Clay kissed me lightly on my cheek, and started to drive, still laughing along with Alex. "I hate you two" I said to them, causing them too stop laughing and look at me. "We love you too George" Alex said laughing again. I rolled my eyes and yawned.

I leaned my head against the car window and fell asleep too the two still laughing. A wave of happiness came over me as I felt Clay kiss me goodnight softly. I love you Clay.

(1084 words)

Guys what! 200 reads!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I never thought I could ever get that many. I love all of you and appreciate you reading my book. <3 I hope you continue to enjoy it. :]

Bye!!