Chapter 12

Clay Pov

I went upstairs to get changed, while George waited for me downstairs. I was going to take him to a flower field. One I had always loved as a child.

I hurried getting changed put on a white T-shirt and pulled on a hoodie over the T-shirt. The hoodie was a lime green color and had a smiley face in the middle. One of my favorite things to wear. Then I grabbed some jeans and slipped them on over myself, and ran back downstairs.

"Wow that was quick" George said laughing looking at a timer.

"You timed me!" I said laughing lightly, and George nodded.

"13 minutes and 28 seconds." He said still laughing a little.

"I would've been quicker if I knew I was being timed" I said folding my arms across my chest, wanting to look mad but failing miserably from the smile on my lips.

"Come on" I said pulling him out of the house impatiently and into the passengers seat of the car.

"But I want a muffin!" He whined as he sat down in the car.

I turned on the engine and pulled out of the driveway ignoring his whines about muffins. "Clay~" He said whining impatiently.

I sighed being annoyed with his whining. "Tell you what Georgie, if you don't whine about muffins for the next 10 minutes, I will take you to a café for a muffin. Deal?" He thought about it for a second before nodding his head and watching the clock intensely on the dashboard of the car.

After about 10 minutes I pulled up to a café. George had fallen asleep from looking at the clock for so long. I frowned as I didn't want to wake him. I hopped out of the car locking it so George would be safe inside for a couple of minutes. I walked inside trying to figure out what muffin was his favorite.

No one was in line and so I walked straight up to the counter. The lady at the cashier desk seemed to recognize me fairly easily and I smiled at her.

"What can I get for you today sir?" She asked politely.

"Two blueberry muffins please." I said pulling some money out of my pocket, getting ready to pay.

"Alright sir, that will be 14 dollars."

I handed her the money, and smiled at her when she handed me the muffins in return. "Thank you" I said. And she nodded in response returning the smile.

I walked out to my car thank full to still see George asleep. I stepped in and put the muffins down and started driving again. I stopped at a red light looking over too George, and kissed him softly on the forehead. I love him so much.

His eyes fluttered open and I immediately felt terrible for waking him up. "George I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up" I said in a apologetic tone feeling sorry that I had woken him up.

He grabbed one of my hands and rubbed it softly making me look into his eyes. "Clay, its okay. I enjoyed the kiss" He said softly making us both blush a little.

"Now, where's my muffin!" He said crossing his arms across his chest. "I know its been more than 10 minutes. Where is it~" He said whining again.

"I picked them up already, you'll get yours when we get there." I said driving a little more, watching him pout quietly next to me, saying how unfair I was.

I drove into a little parking lot and hopped out. George did the same and immediately lunged for the muffins in my hands. I held them up high above me, seeing as he couldn't reach it from how short he was. I wheezed and teased him about how short he was, until he gave up and let me push him gently, along the little dirt path into a flower field.

"Wow" He said gasping in delight. "This is so pretty!" He let go of my hand, and ran around excitedly jumping around and smelling all the flowers.

"George" I said laughing softly. He laughed softly running back to me.

"What"

"Come" I said gesturing for him to follow me.

He nodded his head and followed me to a place where you could see the sunset clearly. In this place I put a little picnic basket with a green blanket on the ground.

"Like it?" I asked him softly. His mouth had dropped open and his eyes softened as he stared at the site in disbelief.

"You did this?" He asked softly his eyes meeting mine.

"Yea" I said nodding. I hope he likes it. I watched as he went towards it, and sat down softly on the blanket, rubbing the material through his fingers.

"Clay" He asked sadly. "Aren't you coming?"

"Aw, my little Georgie wants me." I said teasing him and laughing softly. I headed towards him and sat down next to him and George rolled his eyes at me.

I opened the basket for him and there was a a bunch of different foods in the basket.

"Here, I promised you this." I said handing one of the muffins I had bought at the café. He giggled excitedly as he opened the muffin and took a bite out of it.

"Thank you Clay" He said softly once we had finished eating. I nodded with a smile and took his hands in mine, rubbing my thumbs over his hands.

"George," I asked feeling nervous.

"Yea? What's wrong Clay?" He said looking at me in the eyes.

"George, I love you. I want you to give me your honest answer okay?"

He nodded looking curiously at me.

"George, will you be my boyfriend?"

(969 words)

Thanks for reading!