Chapter 21

Clay Pov

I put the muffins on the little table between the front seats, as George sat down in the car. "I'll be right back Georgie" I said to him, as I made my way to the trunk and opened it. I sighed as I saw the guitar case in there. I hope George likes my surprise.

I closed the trunk and hoped in the drivers seat, as George looked at me and then looking down at the muffins.

"Really George? You've had like three already." He made a pleading face and I sighed and nodded, not able to resist his sad face.

George Pov

I climbed in the passenger's seat and watched as Clay set the muffins down in the car. "I'll be right back Georgie" I nodded and watched as he walked behind the car, and I heard the trunk open. A few moments later he came back around, and sat in the drivers seat.

I looked at him and then down, making it clear that I wanted another muffin. "Really George? You've had like three already" I made a pleading face at him, making sure I looked sad. The blonde slowly nodded giving me another muffin and I laughed happily, knowing I had won.

"Alright ready?" The blonde asked me and I nodded.

-----

"Clay~" I said whining. "Where are you taking me~"

The blonde chuckled. "You'll see George"  He said as he placed his hand on my thigh, rubbing his thumb over it softly.

"Clay, you seem nervous. What's wrong?" I asked him pausing slightly. The blonde shrugged slightly. "If its about the surprise, I know I'm going to love it Clay" The blonde smiled knowing I was right.

Clay turned down a road, which led into the woods. A few moments later he pulled into a little area, and parked the car. He smiled at me as he hopped out of the car. I heard the trunk open, and when Clay realised I hadn't opened my door, he walked over to my door, opened it, and pulled me out gently.

"Ready Georgie" He said picking up his guitar case. "Clay-" I started but was interrupted by the blonde laughing and running a few paces ahead of me. "Clay!" I shouted at him as I started to run again.

Once the blonde had stopped running, and torturing me, I stopped looking around me. I breathed in smelling the wood on the trees, and heard little birds singing their pretty songs.

Clay Pov

I turned down the road that led into the woods. Traveling down this for a few minutes I looked over to George, who had his eyes bright and looking out the window excitedly. I parked the car, and stepped out getting my guitar from the trunk.

I noticed the brunette hadn't gotten out of the car yet, so I set my case down and opened the door for him, and pulled him out gently, making sure I didn't hurt him.

"Ready Georgie" I asked him as I picked up my guitar case. "Clay-" He said questioning me. I cut him off and started running ahead of him. He yelled something at me which I couldn't quite understand, but I kept running ahead of the brunette until I found a clearing of trees. Perfect.

George stopped, breathing in the fresh air. It smelled wonderful. "Come on Georgie" I said holding my hand out in front of me. He smiled and walked towards me, and grabbed my hand softly.

I laid out a green and white stitched blanket for us to sit on, and grabbed my guitar case. "Ready Georgie" I asked the brunette as he sat down next to me. He nodded looking excited, with a smile plastered across his face.

"Remember the song, I started to sing for you?" The brunette nodded, looking a bit confused. "Georgie, your my yellow, and that's why I wrote this for you" George gasped as I started strumming my guitar, matching the beat, and humming softly.

(Song is 'Yellow' by Coldplay) :]

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

George's eyes sparked in the sunset light, as I sang softly to him.

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called Yellow

So, then I took my turn
What a thing to've done
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah, your skin and bones
Turn in to something beautiful
Do you know
You know I love you so

George gasped at those words, as he whispered an 'I love you too'. My heart melted as I continued to sing, hearing those words repeat over and over in my mind.

I swam across
I jumped across for you
What a thing to do
'Cause you were all yellow

I drew a line
I drew a line for you
What a thing to do
And it was all yellow

And your skin
Oh yeah, your skin and bones
Turn in to something beautiful
Do you know
For you, I'd bleed myself dry

It's true
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And all the things that you do

"Clay-" The brunette said whispering softly. A tear rolled down his cheek, and I wiped it away softly with my thumb. "I love you George." I said softly, as I gave him a sunflower.

"I love you too, Clay"

(969 words)

Some wholesome Dnf for you all :]

Love you guys <3