F I F T E E N

Sikva, the capital city of Kavish

The arogyalaya, Kavish's prime health centre bustled with activity under Nakshathra's supervision. Her health camp program had not only provided a stable earnings for the physicians but also gave the people of Kavish to be treated if extra care needed. Although the new shift in arogyalaya displeased some, Nakshathra garnered appreciation from the citizen of her country. For obvious reasons, the king appeared pleased with the young princess's choice of action and announce to provided necessary aid to the camp for the people country wide.

The news spread along the wind. Herbal roots made to Sikva in tens of cart loads from the north of Kavish. The Samdanath family renowned to export dried nilan berries sent a shipload from their farms. Oil extract experts from the interior place in Kavish volunteered to offer their skills. While new set of apparatus filled the arogyalaya shelves. The centre received attention for the first time in many years where health was neglected by many underprivileged people. Those working in arogyalaya too, saw potential on keeping their jobs.

In one section of the hall, junior physicians loaded the medical apparatus and materials in secure boxes while on the other side, herbalist did a final count on the pots of herbal portion and decoction they had prepared the night before. Nakshathra stood with her own bag of apparatus in her hand and watched as each box loaded into the cart when she heard her name being called.

A slender lady cladded in an expensive saree with jewellery adorned from head to toe minced her way in Nakshathra's direction. Her black hair bounded on top of her head looked darker in the dawn with hair ornaments shinning from the reflection of the torches around. The deep red coloured lip parted to stretch a smile as their distance shorten. Parthiban's wife, Ahalya surprised Nakshathra in her gaudy appearance at a time as early before sunrise.

Nonetheless, Nakshathra plastered a smile suiting her sister-in-law's. "What a pleasant visit in the morning?" She greeted cheerfully and added. "What brought you out here at such an hour, anni?"

Ahalya giggled, her jewellery tinkled along. "I don't seem to find you in the palace these days. You are way too busy to meet us so I figured to make a visit myself."

"Some habits need to change, anni and this change is for the better. There are a lot more we can do when we are outside then living in the comfort palace," Nakshathra said. "For me," she added like an afterthought sighting a slight change in Ahalya's expression.

"Well, different people, different outlook." Ahalya scanned the surrounding of the busy arogyalaya. "Oh, its quite crowded here. Why don't we go to somewhere quiet?" she asked.

Nakshathra checked for the time at the clock stuck on one of the Aker towers. She had two hours before her team of physicians goes to set up the camp for the day. Nakshathra could use the time sparingly for her sister-in-law who had come a long way from the palace to meet her.

They left the busy arogyalaya and entered in to a small tea shop moderately embellished to serve the physicians and other walks of lives in the vicinity. The bell on the door rang and a lady in her mid-fifties ran to greet Nakshathra who she was familiar with and Ahalya. "What a lovely morning, Danya akka? This is my anni," she introduced and sat on one of the nearby tables.

"Greetings Your Highness." Danya bowed to Ahalya. "What would you like to have, Your Highness?"

Nakshathra helped Ahalya to make her very first order in her life, careful enough not to make her uneasy. She listed the variety of teas served in Danya's shop and suggested pastries one can only taste in the shop. They sat in silent for a short while as Ahalya observed the shop in amused yet with a scrunched face. Nakshathra enjoyed the expression but cut the silent short right after their breakfast was served.