TWENTY - NINE

Sikva, capital city of Kavish

The bed she laid on was soft as it robbed off her tiredness and in a drastic contrast, the hard revelation about Rimyama left her with throbbing headache. After Achi Mangalam's disclosure on the black-leaf plant, Nakshathra sprinted to meet the physicians who followed her to the market and advised them to not say a word regarding the Rimyama plant. "Forget that we ever saw the plant, understood."

She had done it precisely to avoid them to blurt out anything about Rimyama. If anything as such happened, the news would spread among people and they would go after Brahcchloka to get it for themselves without a physician's administration. In fear of it, Nakshathra and Achi Mangalam watched over Brahcchloka from a far and only returned when he had taken the last ride to the harbour where he would then board on a ship which will take him elsewhere.

Recounting the day's event, she remembered she hadn't thought about Dhruva the entire day. Am I forgetting him already? She rolled over and laid on her tummy and watched the shinning stars. Perhaps forgetting him is good for me. Will he even be thinking of me? How far would he have gone? What about his injuries from the fire incident?

As she dwelled in her thoughts with one of her hands stretched out, she failed to notice the presence of her visitor.

"Planning to catch the stars while lying on the bed?" Nathan's gruff voice had her jump out of her bed. "Pfft... you better start flying then," he giggled.

The surprised princess switched glances between Nathan and Nakul who entered soon after. Nakshathra blew a few strands of her hair from falling on her face before posing her question with a scowl on her face. "When did you came? Why didn't you make a sound?"

"WE DID!" Nathan claimed, widening his rather small eyes as big as he could. "The princess seemed to be too busy trying to catch stars, she didn't hear us."

"I wasn't catching stars, Nathu. I was simply exercising my fingers." Nakshathra was quite relieved she wasn't thinking aloud, it would have demanded some extra explanation to her brothers.

"I'll buy that although it's unlikely to be true." Nathan sat on one edge of the bed while Nakul on the other.

"What's today's happening?" Nakul asked as he yawned.

Although none of her brothers had told her anything about the wedding, Nakshathra had received some details through her guards who were a friend of her brothers'.

Off lately, they had been working on several issues at the same time. One of it was the arrival of their guest and the other was trying to stop whatever the king had planned for Nakshathra.

The Heramba princes had vouched to do anything to stop the consolidation yet in a corner they found it difficult to make it possible and with Parthiban's absence it had been worst. At a time, they had even suggested to send Nakshathra away for some time but questions sprawled in on where will they send her and what will they tell their father? They then dropped the idea; it was not practical. They knew Nakshathra might have her own way to make things happen but the princes hadn't got the courage to go against the king yet. Their mother too never gave much importance to them but her husband, it would be pointless to go to her as well. Nathan and Nakul however, decided to wait for their brother to return for further discussion.

"Ah, about today! Let's say it was splendid!" Nakshathra settled comfortably seated in the middle of her bed ready to account the events. "We met the herbal merchant from Kamakshya. He had a lot of knowledge on medicines and herbal plants, we got some of the rarest plants to plant it here."

"That's is excellent. That means we can get to heal more illness with these medicines." Nakul suggested.

"That's right. I thought of it too but I met Achi Mangalam on my way."