18. Damn Fireworks

After that strange incident, everyone was a little weary before the festival. Hebiyo was silent, and nobody wanted to question him. 

In the back room of the guild, Mira was enjoying herself as she hummed a soft tune while combing Katsumi's long golden hair.

"Awah~ Gray will totally fall heads over heels for you." Mira cooes, jumping side to side. "I mean, he already has but--"

"M-Mira!" Katsumi interrupts, her face a bright red. "Aren't you making assumptions? What if he likes Lucy or something?"

"I ship Lucy with Natsu." Mira states bluntly, receiving a blank look from Katsumi. "It's a common fact. Everyone knows that Gray likes you, in that type of way.

" . . . " The blond stares down uncomfortably as her face burns. "I-I... I don't know..."

"Of course you don't know." Was the eager reply. "Just think about it~ You two are secretly watching each other from far, with the hottest desires and kya! You two are so cute!"

The girl lets out a sigh of dismay. "Whatever you may say, I don't really follow." 

Mira giggles lightly while finishing up the pins in the long hair. "Well, you don't have to follow either. Just enjoy this festival kay?"

"Alright." Katsumi shortly replies, standing up tiredly. As she stares into the mirror, a light sparkle crosses her eyes. "W-wha do I actually look like this?!"

Katsumi looks down and at her sleeves. Her fingers start to fidget as a light blush forms on her face. "I-I didn't know I could like this at all..."

"You like it?" Mira asks hopefully, chuckling slightly at the girl's shock. "It took a while, but it was worth it."

"H-How about you Mira? How are you gonna get ready?" Katsumi asks with guilt. "I-I didn't want to burden your evening either..."

"I can use transformation magic~" Mira chirps simply as the blond blanches. "It's alright, just go and have fun!"

"A-arigatou gozanimashita!" Katsumi bows deeply, a small smile engraved on her face. "I love it Mira!"

"No problem!" Mira shouts as Katsumi scurries out of the room to find Gray. Her face lights up as she smiles at the retreating figure. "They're so cute~"

"Gray?" Katsumi asks, stumbling on her yukata slightly. "Hm... I wonder where he could have go--"

"Oh, sor--." Gray freezes [A:N Yes. Pun. Intended.] "K-Katsumi-chan?!"

"G-Gray?" Katsumi looks up with lightly covered face. "I'm sorry." She apologizes as Gray almost chokes. 

"N-no. It's fine..." He says distractedly as he averts his eyes away from her gazing eyes. "I-It's just that, you... Y-y-you look nice." 

Meanwhile, in the backround... 

"He's a smooth player isn't he?" Laxus groans quietly as Mira grabs his arm and giggles. "Oh right. I was supposed to take you."

"How mean!" Mira puffs her cheeks. "Now, let's trail after them so my fangirl desires will be fufilled!" 

"Whatever you say." Laxus sighs tiredly. 'This is going to be a loong night.'

"So do you." Katsumi replies nervously, fidgeting with her sleeves. Gray notices and scratches his cheek. 

"Lets go visit some stands, yeah? the raven head asks quietly. Katsumi nods as she follows behind Gray silently. She was used to stalking behind her prey with her almost inaudible breathing, but this time, she was quiet because her face was flushed out red.