12. The Black Snake Woman

12.The Black Snake Woman

Katsumi smiles warmly, oblvious to the reddened boy beside her. Gray shifts his eyes away from her face. He couldn't help but blush at the sight of the completely innocent girl.

"Gray?" A voice interrupted his thoughts. "Are you alright?" She asks cautiously as Gray frantically answers back almost immediately.

"What makes you think I'm not?" Gray retorts with a smirk. "I'm fine Katsu. Don't worry." He assures as Katsumi gives him a worried look.

"Okay, but you looked like you had a fever there Gray." Katsumi mutters as she grabs Gray's hand, to his surprise. "We'd better get back. Erza and the others will get worried ne..."

"R-right." Gray stutters as he follows Katsumi, holding a few bags.

The two then walk up to the hotel as Katsumi spins towards Gray and smiles warmly. "Thanks Gray." She says softly, before blushing and releasing his hand with a pinkish blush on her cheeks. "Uh, so... W-was that... A date?" She asks innocently as Gray's face heats up once again.

"Um..." Gray stammers, avoiding her adorable gaze and scratching his head. "I-I guess it was, wasn't it." Gray says, continuing to look away as Katsumi blinks and smiles.

"Let's go in." Katsumi breaks the awkward silence and rushes in as Gray follows behind closely. "We're back."

"Katsumi! We were worried!" Lucy jumps up, a big grin on her face. "Next time you shouldn't just leave us hangin' there!" Lucy exclaims, grabbing Katsumi's shoulders.

"D'ya squinty eyes!" Natsu erupts, grabbing Gray by the collar. "Why'd you just leave with her like that! We were freaking worried you would lose her or somethin'!"

"Oi! Let go slanty eyes!" Gray retorts, shoving Natsu off him. "Why'd you think that I would lose Katsumi?! I'm not that weak!"

"Psh, doesn't seem that way, ice princess." Natsu scoffs while Gray growls.

"Why you..."

Katsumi sweatdrops and holds up the bag holding boxes of dango. "We're back..."

"I was worried also." Erza states, but sighs. "But it's Katsumi were talking about here."

"I got you some dango everyone!" Katsumi holds up the bags. "I even got some strawberry dango's for Erza. I know that it isn't better then cake but I hope it will do!" Katsumi says hopefully as Erza smiles warmly.

"Thanks Katsumi."

"Lucy here's yours!"

"Arigatou Katsu-chan!"

"I bought a fish for you Happy!" Katsumi grins as she hands over a fish larger then Happy's own body. "Gray carried it for you though."

"Thank chu Katsu-chan!" Happy mews and munches on the fish.

Katsumi smiles in response.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Damn it, this is like a never ending battle between us." A man cloaked in black curses. "If I only had the power, then this battle would be far over."

He glanced over at a lone goblin, who shrugged in response. The man growled.

"How does she have this much power, when I was the one who inherited the immortality!" He rambles. "It is true that I cannot harness all of my abilities just yet..." The man mumbles, a tiny snake appearing on the palm of his hand.