17. Sealed Fate

17.

"Hm, so Gray asked you to the festival?" Mira asks slyly, then grinning widely. "I knew it! He would totally ask you of course!"

Katsumi sweatdrops slightly. "Well--"

"It would totally go like, "You make my heart race everytime you smile at me."" Mira imitates in a deeper voice, then shifting to a completely lighter one. ""Oh Gray, you don't know how long I've had eyes for yo--"

"Mira please." Katsumi uses her hand to block Mira's mouth, while blushing heavily. "Please don't say such embarassing things that you think I would say."

"Maybe you would be thinking it eh~?" Mira chimes, polishing more glassware. "But what are you going to wear?" 

"Hm, I haven't really thought about it yet." Katsumi sighs. "I had to do so much paperwork, that it killed my thoughts. How did you do it when I was gone, Mira-chan?"

"It wasn't easy." She responds simply, with a small chuckle. "That's for sure."

'I can hear the weariness in her voice already...' Katsumi thinks with a sweatdrop.  "Well, I don't know... Maybe I'll wear a tank top and shorts."

As the blonde stands up to go, a hand shoots towards her shoulder and squeezes it tightly.

Katsumi shivers as she feels Mira's breathing go down her neck.

"A tank top, and shorts, you say?!' A more demonic voice whispers. "I encourage you to rethink your clothing, Katsumi-chan."

Katsumi turns around rigidly to see Mira with an extremely dark aura. "Aha, yeah, I meant to say that I was going to go yukata shopping. You want to come Mira?"

"I'd be glad to~" Mira answers cheerfully, as normal. 

Katsumi lets out a breath of relief as Mira runs to get her purse. "Mira you don't have to--"

"Master Katsumi and I are going to be out for a while!" Mira calls out, attracting the attention of everyone in the guild. "C'mon Katsumi~"

"Katsumi-chan! Where are you going?" A certain ravenette chimes. Katsumi whirls around quickly and smiles.

"Mira's gonna take me shopping, Hebiya-kun." Katsumi explains lightly. "For the incoming festival that the Fairy Tail members do."

"A festival?! Really?!" Hebiya jumps up in excitement. "I've never been to one of those before! Do you want to come with me Katsumi-chan?"

"Excuse me." Mira buts in, a darkened aura around her. "I believe Gray already asked her, so I'm sorry to intrude."

"Aw, someone already asked you?" Heibya whines, before springing back up. "Well, it's okay! Next time, Katsumi-chan!"

Katsumi flinches as Mira squeezes her wrist. "Yes, maybe, now let's go!"

"Mira wai--"

Mira drags Katsumi out the door at demonic speeds, a smile plastered onto her face. She abruptly stops in the middle of the town's square. 

"W-what was that about?!" Katsumi pants, dusting herself off. "You seemed mad about something. You alright, Mira?"

"I will not let my hard work go to waste!" Mira declares without warning. "He will not drown my ship!"

"E-eh?!" Katsumi stammers. She quickly glances around to see the townsfolk staring strangely at them. "M-Mira, you have to calm down." 

"I will not be calm in this situation!" Mira retorts hotly. "We'll have to buy a jaw-dropping yukata for you, so that every man in his right mind will know when to back off, ya hear?!"