3. Shirotsume Mission; Settling in

The group heads off the morning to a city called Shirotsume town. Katsumi glances around and keeps up with the pace of the gorup.

"So what's the mission all about, Erza?" Lucy questions as Erza takes a look at a rolled up piece of paper in her hands.

"There is supposed to be some creatures bothering the citizens of this town." Erza states. "Our job is to defeat them."

Katsumi nods. "Yeah, it shouldn't be a big deal though. Monsters around here usually aren't harmful."

Lucy nods in understanding, walking alongside Katsumi.

"For now, let's book a hotel." Katsumi says seriously, holding out a map. "There's one across the city thats nice and quiet. It shouldn't be busy either."

"Alright. We'll go there." Erza decides as they walk in a comforting silence to the hotel.

~~~~

"Two rooms please. One with two beds and one with three." Katsumi says, handing a pouch of money.

The innkeeper glances at her and the bag until he sighs and takes the bag. "Your rooms are 201 and 202."

"Thanks." Katsumi bows as the group follows after her.

They stop at the door as she whirls around to face them. "Natsu and Gray will go into room 201. Lucy, Erza, and I will go into room 202." Katsumi orders as Natsu and Gray slightly shiver and nod.

"Hai."

"Good." Katsumi smiles as she opens the door to 202. The room is not too bright, but has a nice floral design on the brim of the floor and silk curtains. The window has a seat for a person to sit at.

Lucy gaps at the room and rushes in. She glances around excitedly and smiles at the perfectly made beds.

"Its so beautiful!" Lucy exclaims, examining the rose vase on the table. "How did you afford such a place of high quality?"

"I don't use the money I get on S-ranked missions so I have alot to spare." Katsumi shrugs. Erza steps in and sets her luggage on the floor beside her bed.

"It is nice." Erza comments. Katsumi smiles and sits on the windowsill. "I'm surprised it isn't as busy."

"It's much to pricy for a normal civilian to stay here." Katsumi explains casually. "Besides, were only staying here for what, a week?"

"It seems so." Erza nods.

"Ne, Katsumi-chan. Could you please tell me what you did on your last S-ranked mission?" Lucy questions curiously as Katsumi stares at her.

She then sighs. "Alright. I had to take out a serpent on an island. I stayed there for more then a year, battling it alongside the villagers inhabiting the island almost everyday."

"Serpent?" Lucy questions with a gleam in her eye. Erza also takes interest and listens in to the conversation.

"Yeah. A mini-dragon with dull green scales. It was a pain to kill because it always regerated it's skin."

"How did you defeat it?" Lucy asks even more curiously.

Katsumi hesitates for a second before smiling and answering. "With the help and support of the hundreds of villagers, I stored enough energy to cast a forbidden dragon technique on it."

"A forbbiden dragon technique?" Erza questions casually, carefully covering her tone of interest.

"Hai. I would've never been able to perform it without the villagers support." Katsumi says with a quiet tone. "I owe them my life."