7. Snakes of Hell

***3RD PERSON POV***

"Attack."

Immediately, Katsumi disappeared as a hoard of shadow creatures start to growl in the midst of the night. Katsumi observes them cautiously, counting the countless amounts of shadows rising in the darkness.

"Time to test this out." Katsumi says in a deadly tone, a sword sliding out in front of her. Her new golden sword pulses with electricity as the many heads turn her way.

A claw points up at her as the creatures begin to chase mindlessly after her.

Katsumi jumps down from the tree she was hiding in and in a single strike, about twenty were dessimated [sp?]. The explosion of dirt shocks the front row of creatures as she takes in a big breath.

"Lightning Dragon's Roar!" She shouts as a beam of high voltage shouts out from her mouth. Screams and screeches are now replaced by the sound of an explosion. She stands in the dust, collecting her breath.

The shadows weren't hard to fight at all, and that's what made fighting them so hard.

They all had the face of someone she had befriended with on that island for two years. She could never hurt them, but she had no choice. She had to remember that they were simply corpses under Daishi's control now.

'I couldn't save them.' She thinks sorrowfully. In an instant a creature breaks through the cloud as she jumps back in shock. She looks behind her as another hoarde of shadows were behind her, their claws morphing into extremely sharp spears.

"Voltage Release!" She screams with a mix of fear and excitment as the dust is now replaced with sparks of electricity. The sparks start to fly and before you know it, whole fields of shadows are being lit up by her lightning. Katsumi lands gracefully, despite her heavy breathing.

'The one behind me...' She pants. 'He was about to pierce me through...' She thinks gratefully.

Daishi who stands and watches as Katsumi wipes out his minions grits his teeth. His cool act won't stay up for much longer.

'How?!' He questions incredulously. 'How is she this powerful?! I increase the numbers by hundreds each time and she defeats them like they're no big deal!" He thinks with rage, his outter appearance slightly cringing. 'No matter.' He says, releasing an inner sigh. 'I am no longer human, and she is. She will fall.'

Daishi knew he wasn't a great fighter. It was only with his strategies that he actually managed to steal the power gifted from his own father. Even now with this power, he knew that her power was strong enough to overthrow his. It was a dangerous risk, that he wasn't going to take.

Deep inside, he knew he was a-

"COWARD!" A voice screams. He looks down at Katsumi in shock, who is slowly making her way through the mobs of shadow men towards him. "Come and fight me! Coward! If you're so high and mighty of your stolen power, then face me!" She screams in frustration, releaing a wave of electricity.

Wails and more screeches can be heard as she sprints towards him. He eyes her carefully, noticing the small scratches and bloody cuts that the monsters had made while she was running.

He smirks, arrogantly.

"You're not invincible." He says, tossing his messy hair. "The cuts on your arms and face proves that I will beat you."

"Teme!" Katsumi growls. "Lightning Dragon's Heavenly Spears!"

A sudden meteor shower strikes down alongside Katsumi, hitting all the enemies that even attempted to approach her.