13. New Member?

13. New Member?

Katsumi walks into the room calmly and takes a seat in front of her grandfather, who is quickly marking papers, to her surprise.

"What's with all these papers, gramps?" Katsumi asks nonchalantly, picking up a sheet. "Did you destroy another building?" Katsumi asks, sweatdropping.

"In my opinion, they wouldn't agree with the idea." Makorov growls, slapping a paper down on the table. "Those geezers need to learn some respect."

"You're old too gramps." Katsumi sweatdrops as Makorov goes into an emo corner.

"Anyways." Katsumi continues seriously. "We finished the mission. There were minor complications but it's alright. I will explain them to you."

Makorov sighs and rubs his head. "I had a feeling you were hiding something from that last mission."

"Alright. So it all starts off with the island. Fushidane island to be exact."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"And now, he's after me for my new powers." Katsumi finishes. "All the powers I know of now are enhanced dragon slaying powers, and a bit of  crystal." Katsumi admits.

"Crystal?"

"I've been working on it, on the way back." Katsumi says, holding up her hand. "Crystal!" Katsumi calls out as a small clear crystal in her palm.

Katsumi wraps her hand around it and squeezes it. "If I try hard enough, maybe it will work like last time."

"Hmm?" Makorov hm's in curiousity and watches as Katsumi's hand suddenly glows and in her hand, a glowing crystal knife.

"It worked!" Katsumi exclaims, holding it up in the air. "It took a lot more effort last time to do it!"

"So now you've got a dual type like Natsu and Gajeel." Makorov nods. "This is progress. I want you to work with Gray a bit to see if you can improve your crystal abilties."

"Gray?" Katsumi asks. "He's a ice make user."

"Yeah. But the properties should be near the same." Makorov explains. "I'll talk to him later about it. But for now, keep look out."

"Yes sir." Katsumi grins, destroying the crystal in her palm. 'Why was the power crystal though... It doesn't make sense...'

"Oh yeah, Katsumi." Makorov calls. "I have a request for you."

"Yes, what is it?" Katsumi asks curiously.

"There's this young man who wants to join the guild. Hebiyo Kuraito." Makorov says, reading the application. "He seems promising, though I want you test his abilites. He will be waiting for his 'examiner' tomorrow in the afternoon on the guild training grounds."

"Yes." Katsumi answers and waves as she exits out of the room. She sighs tiredly and leans against the wall.

"No break for the hard working Kat eh?" Laxus teases as Katsumi pouts.

"Oi shut up." Katsumi whines. "You never go on any missions. How do you even afford a house?"

"I live here, moron." Laxus retorts as Katsumi freezes.