20. Denial to Acceptance

Katsumi's  POV

Things have been peaceful lately. All we've been doing in Fairy Tail is picking up missions occasionally. It was nice, seeing everyone at peace and having fun. 

"Katsumi-chan!" A rather loud voice calls out. I glanced to the side and saw a light teal-colored haired male running towards me at alarming rates. "How was the guild while we were gone?!"

"Eh?" I answer puzzled. "Oh, it was fine. Like usual."

"That's a relief. Hehe~" Hebiyo smiles, almost as if he had believed the guild was really in danger. "Now then, I think I'll be going home to rest. Goodnight!"

"You're leaving already? Hebiyo-kun?" Lucy questions, walking past the male. "It's hardly evening."

"Well, there's nothing to do here anyways so I'll go make some dinner for myself at home." Hebiyo explains vaguely, twirling past the other members. "I'll see you guys tomorrow!"

"B-bye." Lucy stammers, seeing the rushed boy. "He's really weird."

"Like the rest of us aren't?" I joke around, picking up my glass and drinking a small sip. "Besides, I'm about to throw in the sack too. It's been a long day of just lazing around."

"Really then?" Lucy seems surprised, but smiles warmly. "Have a good evening then. I'll just be here at the bar for the rest of the night."

"Alright. I'll do a mission tomorrow!" I grin back at her, twirling around and heading into the bedroom quarters. Once the lights have dim from bright to dark, I lean on the wall and stare up. I just have a terrible feeling that something bad is going to happen. I can't help but be on my guard.

.

.

.

Hebiyo's POV

"I'm finally out." I sigh tiredly, clenching my chest. "Surely you can feel it, Katsumi. Something of great value is going to happen soon."

"So you feel it too huh?" A more sickly sweet voice whispers from the darkness of the ally. I whip my head to see a person with the exact color of my hair. She walks towards me, swaying her hips. An icy wisp forms from her eyes as I sheathe my sword. 

"What do you want." I growl lowly, bending my two knees. I can feel a massive surge within me, like millions of snakes wrapping around my muscles. I could barely contain the urge to leap and slice her head off, painfully of course. 

She smirks with a slight tilt of the head. "Of course, my master can feel the surge soon. Soon enough, both spawns will not be able to control the urge to fight against one another, and we will see who is more powerful."

"He won't beat Katsumi." I defend on instinct, pointing the edge of my sword towards her. "He won't have a snowball's chance in hell!"

"You seem to be awfully confident in your master, don't you agree?" She smiles devilishly as rattles can be heard around her. I take a hesitant step back and grit my teeth. Her smiling and her stance-- everything was just shouting danger. "I can tell, she is a powerful woman, perhaps even more powerful then Daishi."

"So you admit it then." I state, cracking a small grin. 

"But she still has a lot to learn." She glares at me, sending shivers down my spine. "She hasn't completed much more then half of the available abilities."

"S-she hasn't?" I could only utter. I had thought Katsumi spent more time on her power, but if it really wasn't as much then... "You're wrong! She is a lightning dragon slayer! She has more then enough power to kill Daishi!"