4. Shirotsume Mission; Triggered Memories

Katsumi sprints through the forest with ease, using her surperior sense of smell to lead the way.

'I knew they were back. Why can't I ever have a freaking day of peace?!' She thinks angrily. She stops at a clearing and growls.

"I know you're here, bastards." She spats, glaring at a 'empty' space in front of her.

A sudden shift in air occures as a cloaked man appears, holding knives at his fingertips making it look painfully easy. He scoffs and gathers all the knives in his fist. "Tch, I should've expected you'd figure out."

Katsumi scoffs and crosses her arms sternly. "What do you want now, Daichi?" She questions impatiently. "You know, before I beat your ass to the ground?"

The man nastily scows and clenches his knives. "Do you speak to me with such tone." He growls, blood dripping down his hand. "I can never die, and soon I will be surperior to you."

"You never died because of all the people you consumed!" Katsumi exclaims furiously, her face twisted in anger. "You don't even know how much people suffered! You don't understand pain!"

Knives flew past her unfazed face as the man growls. "They were foolish, believing in such things." He scoffs. "Such stupidity must die, in my world."

Katsumi clenches her fists together in frustration. 'Damn him! Damn him and his eternal life!'

"Kuso!" She shouts while delivering a sharp punch. With her arm swallowed with the brightest blue lightning, she charges forward and pierces the Daichi's heart with her arm.

Her arm is visible, covered in sparks and gore, as she pants. Daichi just chuckles as she pulls out her arm and jumps back.

"Fool." He smirks, his eyes flashing evilly. "I can never die." He says as a trickle of blood spills out of his mouth.

"You can and you will, one day." Katsumi mutters lowly. "I will never let you live after what you did to the people!"

"Big words for such a small girl." He tsk's and starts to walk away perfectly fine, despite the whole where his heart should be. "Deal with her, and do a little more to her, weaklings."

Ten, twenty men jump out of the shadows, holding spears and swords, any weapon you could think of.

These men were made of shadows, their minds didn't exist and they had no soul. They were the empty shell of a life that once lived.

A look of regret flashes by Katsumi's face as she gets into a fighting stance. "Lightning Dragon; Heavenly Spears!" She shouts as bright lightning bolts strike down on the land, like a meteor shower.

The bodies of shadows quickly disappate in front of her. She stops the attack drops to her knees. That man, had messed up her life big time.

He would never leave her alone.

'I'm so sorry.' She mentally thinks, gazing at the shadow of a tree. 'You never had to do that for me.'

She hears a sudden roar of agony as she snaps her head around. A shadow body was stand with a curved sword.

She brings her hands up to block but a sudden ice arrow pierces through the shadow's head and anihalates it quickly.

'That... Was too close.' She sighs, relieved. She glances toward the direction of the arrow and smiles.

"Katsu-chan!" Natsu shouts worryingly. Katsumi stands and dusts herself off. She gazes at Gray, who just releases the spell and walks towards her.

"Thanks." She says simply, her eyes clouded by haunting memories of the past. "I would've been a goner there."