14. You're the First

Katsumi charges forward, her crystal sword in hand as Hebiyo does the same. As they clash, white sparks fly into the air.

Katsumi continues to push, her eyes focused on her opponent. 'He's strong...' She thinks as she slides her blade down and jumps back.

Hebiyo stands in place, his dark sword glowing. Sweat drips down his forehead as he lets out a sigh. She was a strong opponent for him.

Hebiyo then takes a first step and pushes off his foot with earth shaking power towards Katsumi takes a step back and blocks.

"Expand!" Katsumi exclaims as the sword then lights up and explodes with spikes covering the shiny surface. Hebiyo's eyes widen as he quickly jumps back and avoids being pierced through by crystal spikes.

Katsumi blinks as she stares at her sword in awe for a brief moment. The sword then shrinks back to the original shape as Katsumi shudders, feeling her magic decrease for a second.

"Snake bind!" Hebiyo exclaims as the snakes on the hilt start to uncoil themselves and shoot towards Katsumi with blinding speeds.

With quick reflexes, Katsumi blocks one of the incoming snakes with her sword as she swings it towards the other. The snakes then fuse together and continue chasing her as the golden eyes glow, almost as if it was to remind her of the snakes she fought.

Flipping back, Katsumi's eyes widen as the snake appears right above her. "Expand!" She cries out as the sword explodes with different shard sizes. Katsumi carefully blocks the snake as she tries to fix her feet so she can land properly.

Running forwawrd, Hebiyo leaps up, aiming right above Katsumi. With both of his hands, he takes the hilt and smashes it against Katsumi's blade. Katsumi shuts her eyes as the magic surges through the sword, pushing back the blade as both of them pummel to the ground. 

Coughing silently, Katsumi quickly scans the area around her, searching for any traces of the snake.

"Right, behind you~" A teasing voice says as Katsumi side steps and avoids the sword narrowly. Her hair tie snaps as Katsumi's hair drops down to her back. 

"Damn it. I usually fight with my hair up." Katsumi growls menacingly as she holds up her crystalized sword towards the darkened sword with a giant snake propelling out of it.

"You look pretty with your hair down too." Hebiyo comments as Katsumi lightly blushes. 

"W-whatever." Katsumi brushes off as she flips her hair back. "This test is finished." 

"It is?!" Hebiyo cries out, falling towards the ground. "I'm glad! I thought I was going to lose. It took alot of magic to control the snake..."

"You're an excellent swords man." Katsumi says, as she offers a hand. "I haven't had an opponent like you in a while."

Hebiyo grins and pulls himself up with her help. "T-thanks. Does that mean I'm in the guild now?!"

"Yeah. Congrats." Katsumi says as she pats him on the back. "You're a part of Fairy Tail now."

"Yes! Finally! I'm so glad!" Hebiyo exclaims childishly, frolicking around. "B-but where do I get a cool mark like yours, umm... What's your name?"

"Katsumi. Katsumi Dreyar." Katsumi replies. "You can get your mark at the guild right over there. Please don't get lost this time, Hebiyo-san."

"I don't get lost all the time you know, Miss Katsumi!" Hebiyo pouts. "But I'll go there right now!"

"Alright, I'll be seeing you around, Hebiyo-san." Katsumi smiles softly.