16. Preparing for a Festival; Unprepared Feelings

***GRAY'S POV***

After that short mission, I decided to lounge around at the guild for a bit. As usual, they were rowdy and loud, such a pain sometimes.  

Katsumi went off with Lucy and Natsu to do a mission not too far from here, so I couldn't talk to Katsumi, not like I wanted to desperately talk to her or something like a stalker.

I groaned silently to myself as I slump down at a seat at the bar. Mira was doing the usual as well; cleaning the wine glasses while humming to herself. 

"Gray? Hm you're not with Katsumi today?" Mira asks curiously, a tint of deviousness in her voice. I shrugged. 

"Nah, she's on a mission with the flame head and Lucy." I say non-chalantly. "Why do you assume she'll be with me, huh?"

"It's because you guys have been together a while." Mira answered simply with a smirk. "Can't you see that she obviously likes you?"

Mira was known as a shipper. She always paired the members of Fairy Tail together, wether they like it or not. I was caught in a ship with Katsumi, apparently. 

"She likes me as a friend Mira." I answer her cooly. "She's just a childhood friend to me. Nothing new."

"You're such a liar." Mira pouts, but her lips curve into a smile as her eyes light up. "How about you take her to Rainbow Sakura Tree Festival this week?"

"It's already been grown? I thought Natsu pulled the tree out by the roots last year and sailed it down the river." I say, confused. 

Mira giggles. "Natsu got in a lot of trouble, but Master got some of the guild's best earth mages and they restructured the tree again." She informs. "I hope that Natsu won't try a stunt like that again."

"A festival huh..." I murmur to myself. Maybe taking Katsumi to a festival would be the perfect opportunity to... Talk. "Alright, I'll ask Katsumi."

I turn to look at Mira who is beaming widely. "Awahhh~ I totally ship you two!" She cooes. "You better not take no for an answer, Gray!" 

"We were lucky that you were there, Katsumi-chan." A relieved voice says. "I'm sure Natsu would've destroyed the whole neighborhood if you didn't stop him."

"You didn't have to hit me that hard Katsu-chan!" A male voice whines.

"Aye sir!" A higher voice squeaks playfully.

"Aha, sorry." A more melodious one chimes. "It's just that you were about to go on a rampage back there, so I had no option."

"Welcome back you four!" Mira welcomes with a tray of drinks in her hands. "How was the job?"

"It wasn't hard, but Natsu nearly demolished the town." Lucy sighs. "At least this time, Katsumi stopped him before he could destroy his 5th building."

Natsu looks away. "He was askin' for it..." He grumbles under his breath.

"Hey Gray." Katsumi looks at me with a small smile. "How was the guild?"

I couldn't help the retort. "You know just as well as I do Katsu." I say as she just smiles again. "Anyways, we should help Gramps set up the festival."

"Yeah, Master would love the help. This year's festival is going to be great." Mira says cheerily. "There will be lots of couples, so make sure to bring a partner~"

Mira glances at me quickly with a discreet wink and hands everyone a glass of water. 

"A partner huh?" Lucy hums. "Well then, Natsu you want to come with me?" She asks calmly.