8. Warm Rescue

***3RD PERSON POV***

Gray bursts through the room, wide eyed and shouts. "Katsumi is gone!" He shouts as they all freeze in their spots. "She's not in the room at all!"

"What?!" Erza exclaims, slamming her hands on the table. "Where could she have gone at this time of night?!"

Lucy then pats Erza's shoulder, attempting to calm her down. "We need to focus on finding her first. She could be in some serious trouble."

Natsu nods seriously. "We need to go. Now."

The group agrees and sprints out of the hotel, panic striken.

"So where to now?" Lucy questions, glancing around. "She could be anywhere..."

"We'll all split up." Erza orders as the group nods furiously. "Whenever one of us finds Katsumi, we'll send a signal up into the sky, so pay attention."

"Hai!"

"Split!"

.

.

.

.

.

Gray rushes off to the field, where he thinks Katsumi would be training or daydreaming. His mind was full of possible circumstances. A shadowed body was seen in the distance by a cresent shaped tree as his mind was filled with worry.

"Katsumi!" He screams, running towards the young girl's body. "Katsumi! Can you hear me?!" He questions worryingly.

He places his hand on her forehead and quickly widens his eyes. 'She's much too cold...'

"H-hey Katsumi, hang in there!" Gray shouts, summoning an ice bow. "Ice Arrows!" He shouts, shooting up towards the sky. The arrows explode in a firework style as Gray strips off his shirt and wraps it tightly around Katsumi.

"Katsumi... Wake up please..." Gray practically begs, as soft crystals begin to rain down. "Katsumi... Say something... [I'm giving up on you XD]"

Katsumi, hearing a familiar voice from the darkness in her mind, wretches her eyes open just a crack. "Gray..." She croaks, followed by a series of violent coughs.

"Katsumi!" Gray exclaims, hugging the sick girl close to his bare chest. Blood rushes to his face but he doesn't care. " Katsumi, you made everyone worry, you know?"

Katsumi slowly blinks and snuggles closer to Gray's chest. "G-gomen...G-gray..." She stutters from her chattering teeth.

"O-oi! Are you cold?!" Gray exclaims, as Katsumi shakes her head weakly. "Katsumi you're freezing..."

"I-I'm... Not c-cold..." She whispers, closing her dull blue eyes. "Not... Cold..."

"What happened?" Gray asks quietly, stroking her golden hair softly. "You don't have to say."

"Snake... Cold... Daishi..." She whispers in a rasp voice, shivering slightly. "I... I was.. Careless."

Gray hugged her close, not letting any space get between them. "It's alright. Okay? I'm here for you, Katsu-chan."

"Gray..." Katsumi says in a soft voice. "Arigatou, Gray..."

Her breathing heightens as she starts to breathe more raggedly. Gray senses it on his bare chest as he starts to cradle Katsumi for warmth.

"Stay with me, Katsu-chan." He growls softly. "I couldn't live without you..."

"Gray!" A loud voice errupts from the other end of the field. "We saw your signal!"