19. Aftermath

"Awah! I can't believe I did all that!" A despaired cry echoes in the large room. "I'm such an idiot! A baka! Aho! Awaah!"

"Shut up please." A groan follows after. The blond girl buries her face in the pillow and wriggles uncomfortably. "Why are you so bothered anyways? It's not like he minded at all; the way you were snuggling up to him and su--"

"Ah shut up shut up shut up!" Katsumi growls, flushing completely red. "He must think I'm like attracted to him or something! I-I guess I am but he doesn't need to know that!"

"What if there's a chance that he likes you." Laxus replies pointedly, sitting on the girl's bed. "It's not as impossible as you think."

"As if." She answers, gazing downwards. "He probably only sees me as a little sister and stuff. Plus I haven't seen him in years." Katsumi squishes her pillow in between her chest and her knees, closing her eyes. 

"More the reason to miss you I suppose." The blond male sighs, picking up a book on the clustered desk. "Besides, you can't hide your feelings forever. You're bound to burst at some point, stupid."

"I know that." Katsumi whines irritatingly. "I know that... But I'm scared he won't accept me or he'll push me away after and... I don't want that. Especially since I get to see him again like this."

"It's not like me to say, but since you are back, he seems to be slacking off less, ever since you came back." Laxus says nonchalantly, flipping the page. "Give it a go. You don't know when you have to leave again for another quest."

". . . Perhaps." Katsumi answers shortly, burying herself once again in her sheets. "Mou..... Things used to be so simple when we were kids-- why am I at this age?!" Laxus sighs tiredly in response and lays against the wall. "I wonder what Gray thought...."

.

.

.

.

"Kami-sama is a cruel being." The black haired male slumps against the wall, void of any life. "How could I have screwed that up. Am I stupid or something?"

"Yes." Natsu answers back automatically, allowing Gray to sink further into the darkness. "A-I was just kidding! Get up princess!"

"We had the perfect moment right there! I can't believe I blew it!" He exclaims madly, ramming his head into the wall. "That firework... Why was it so loud."

"F-fire work?" The pink haired male stammers. "Well..."

"Natsu, make sure you control the flame so that it doesn't go off yet. It's the biggest one, so it's sure to be the loudest. We're saving that one for last." Lucy warns, walking off with a small checklist.

"I'm on it!" Natsu grins widely, controlling the spark with his hands. "Ah, but I have to wait this whole time..."

"Natsu! Look look!  Mira and Laxus are eating together!" A chipper mini voice calls out to the male, who turns his head slightly. "Ne ne! Natsu!"

"Wait up I wanna--" His hand quickly  is removed from the spark which travels up the string quickly. "Uh oh." 

The rocket shoots up into the air, catching the attention of everyone in the area. "Natsu..." Happy  mews softly as a loud voice can be heard in the distance.

"Natsu! You idiot!"  

"I-I'm sorry Luce!"

"What, do you know what happened?" Gray asks curiously, his eyes shifting towards the dragon slayer, whom frantically looks away with beads of sweat rolling down his face. "Well? You and Lucy were in charge of the fireworks right?"