𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐀 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜 𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫, who couldn't be older than five years old, looked through the bars of a gate, "Hey guys, what is this?" A different girl, the same age as the one with orange hair, gripped the cold bars and looked through them as well.

     "A gate," a boy with black hair as dark as the night sky spoke, "it connects the inside and outside."

     "Outside?"

     "We've never been outside," Y/n chirped, still holding the bars that were too cold for her little hands.

     "That's because we haven't left here since we were born," a new voice answered.

     "So is this what Mama always tells us about?" Y/n asked, feeling weary about the dark tunnel. It was supposed to lead to their new home, so why did it feel so dreary? "Never go near the gate or fence in the back of the forest 'cause it's dangerous."

     "She says that but it's not true," Ray, the little boy with black hair, spoke up again, looking at Y/n and reading her emotions. She felt scared, but would never admit that.

     "It's not?" Norman questioned.

     "Hey, Ray!" Emma cut in, "What would you do outside?"

     "I don't know... What about you?"

     "I'd ride a giraffe!"

     "Good luck."

     "I'll bet you that I'll do it! Hm, what about you, Y/n? What would you do once you get adopted?"

     "Uhm... I'd probably... stick around with Ray! Wherever he goes, I'd go with him." A little smile spread on Ray's face.

     Norman reached for the bars, "This gate. You know, I wonder what it's really protecting us from."

      A bell rang from the top of the large hill, it was time for dinner. "We should head back now, Mama will come looking for us if we don't hurry." The little girls' hands fell from the bars and back to their sides as they walked from the gate. Y/n stood by Ray's side and looked to Norman, who was lost in thought and still looking through the barrier.

      "Come on Norman, we can't be late. We'll get caught!" Emma took his hand and started walking to their destination. The Ravenette and h/c girl followed behind Emma and Norman. While she was busy admiring the little flowers that replaced the grass, he looked at her. Hoping that someday she would come to know the true horrors of this place they called home. Until then, he vowed to himself that he'd keep her safe from Mama and he'd have her escape to the outside world.

--------------------------------------------

𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫

--------------------------------------------