𝟎𝟖| 𝟐𝟗𝟏𝟎𝟒𝟓: 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐲/𝐧.

𝐀 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞. Ray pat Y/n's head before turning around, "come on, lets go help out with dinner." Before they knew it, it was free time before bed, the time they would tell Gilda and Don about their plan.

     The four eldest crept up the stairs and Emma gripped the doorknob, "please, guys. Just follow my lead."

     She opened the door to reveal Don and Gilda at a table, "hey, Emma! What's up?" The four explained everything to Gilda and Don, well, sort of, "human trafficking? Are you sure?"

     "Yeah, all of our siblings were sold off to some really bad people."

     Don gasped before laughing, "pfft haha! No, no, no, there's no way! Come on!"

     "It explains the wall and gate, and also why the kids who get adopted never send us any letters," Norman tried reasoning. 

     "Alright guys, so what's the punchline? You almost had me there for a second." Don looked around and spotted Y/n, her face as serious as it could be, "Uhh, hey, why aren't you guys saying anything?"

     "Because it's true," Ray said.

     "What? Wait, but mom-"

     "She's the one who sells us to people," Y/n got up and stood in front of Don, she put her head down.

     "Huh?! There's no way Mom would ever do that to us!" Don gripped Y/n shoulders, "take it back! Y/n!"

     "Don..." Gilda muttered, "Y/n loves Mom and this house just as much as the rest of us. Why would she make this up?"

     "So, Gilda?" Emma said.

     "To tell the truth, I did think it was weird. The night that Conny left. Emma and Norman both went down to the gate."

     "Wait. you did?"

     "Yeah," Norman replied.

     "In those cases, even if you did break the rules, you'd eventually come clean about it and things would go back to normal, but you haven't done that yet. Emma, I wanted to ask about it, but I always got too scared to bring it up." Gilda started sobbing.

     Emma and Y/n ran to comfort her, "Oh, Gilda. No, please don't cry. I'm sorry I made you worry."

     "Did you see it happen? Did you guys see Conny being sold off to the bad people?"

     "Yeah," Norman answered, "but we didn't make it in time."

     "Okay, but, is Conny safe?" Don shouted.

     "I don't know." Y/n and Ray's eyes widened and she sighed.

     "Impossible! This can't be real!"

     "I don't know if this proves much, but Y/n and Ray spent the last few days looking into everyone's test scores."

     "Our test scores?"

     "According to this, kids over six are adopted in order of lowest scores first. Weird, huh?"

     "So not just Conny's scores but Hao and Ceddy..."

     "It's just like Norman said," Gilda added.

     "Don. Gilda," Emma said, "let's escape so that we can help everyone we can do it. If we work together. Please, help us." Don and Gilda nodded.