𝟎𝟑| 𝟏𝟑𝟏𝟎𝟒𝟓: 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠.

𝐀 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, "Y/n!" Phil whined, "get up! You gotta help us with our shoes, remember?"

     "Huh? Oh yeah," she yawned. "Why didn't Emma wake me up like usual? Speaking about Emma, where is she?" Y/n looked around the room, trying to look for the usually cheery girl, "hey guys? Where's Emma?"

     "Oh! She's already downstairs. Why?"

     "Just wondering is all," she smiled, patting the little children's' heads before picking up Phil and walking downstairs. He jumped out of her arms once reaching the last step and ran into the dining hall.

     "Hey! No running!" Gilda scolded.

     "Sorry!" He giggled walking to his seat at the table.

     Finally, Y/n spotted the red head, "hey Emma! Good morning!"

     "Ah!" Emma jumped, "Oh, good morning, Y/n!"

     "Are you okay?"

     "Uh-huh."

     Y/n hummed, "Hmm, alright. But let me know if anything's bothering you! You can talk to me!"

     "Thanks, Y/n."

     "Mhm, Oh!" Y/n got distracted by the ravenette walking in with the coffee jug, "Morning Ray."

     "Good morning Y/n. You're more energetic than ever."

     "Really?"

     "Yeah, now help me set the tables." The two placed plates in front of each chair, except Conny's.

     "Y'know, Ray," Y/n whispered, "Emma's acting pretty weird. Is she alright?"

     "I don't know... maybe she didn't get enough sleep?"

     "Maybe.."

     "Good morning, my darling children," Mama rang a small bell in her hand, "now, let us appreciate that all thirty-seven of you are able to live happy lives under this roof." Everyone held their hands together and bowed their heads, "we are thankful."

     "Thank you for our breakfast," the siblings said in harmony, except Emma who inaudibly spoke.

     Everyone began eating and continued their day as usual. After testing Emma and Norman went upstairs to take care of the laundry, Ray and Y/n went up to the library, Gilda played with Phil while Nat chased Lannion and Thoma around the house, and Don was with Mama, trying to learn how to sew. Soon enough, a bell rang letting everyone know it was free time outside.

     The dark haired boy and h/c haired girl stayed by the tree they always read by. Norman and Emma ran off into the forest, presumably to play hide and seek.

     "Y/n," Phil said, "wanna play with us?" He pointed his thumb behind him to show a group of the younger kids.

     "Sure! What are we playing?"

     "Superheros!"

     "Okay, who's the villain?"

     "Do you wanna be the villain?"

     "Alright, but you gotta run fast before I can get away! Can't let me do crime!" Y/n teased as she started running away from the little children.

     Ray smiled to himself while reading the book. "I'm glad she can still be happy for now. It won't be too long before they'd want to tell her."

     After being chased by little children and pretending to be taken into jail, a bell rang letting everyone know it was time to go back inside.

     "Mom!" Mark yelled as he emerged out of the forest.

     "Did something happen?"

     He cried and panted, "I'm sorry! I lost Naila while we were playing in the forest! I looked but I couldn't find her!"

     Mama looked down at her pocket watch and smiled at Mark, "no need to worry, Everyone, stay here until I get back. I won't be long." She started to walk down the large hill leading to the forest.

     "I'm sorry," Mark whimpered.

     Not even five minutes later, Mama had come back with Naila, "Mom!" Phil gasped.

     "Naila!"

     "She got tired and fell asleep," Mama calmed Mark down, "see? She's perfectly fine."

     "I was worried."

     Y/n got so distracted by Naila that she didn't notice Ray had already gone outside, "Oh, he's gone. Emma! Norman! Come on, it's gonna rain." The girl ran inside as lightning struck, loud thunder following.

     Y/n went to the library, looking for another book to read with Ray, "We read almost all of them! I can't find a new one."

     "What about this one?" Ray held up a book, "Adventures of Ugo".

     "Sure!" The pair went back to their room and started reading, Y/n was enthralled with the story. She found her new favorite book. Looking up at the clock, she tried determining how long they've been reading, "Huh? The clock stopped... Hey Don, can you check the clock? I don't think it's working."

     "Sure," the boy took the clock off the wall and looked at it. He tried tinkering with it but to no avail, "I know who can fix it, Norman." He went to get the white haired boy.

     "Hey guys," Norman greeted.

     "Hi, Norman," Y/n waved.

     Ray's eyes never left the book, "hey."

     "The clock stopped working, huh?"

     "Yeah, we were wondering if you could try fixing it."

     "Sure thing!" He smiled and began taking apart the clock and putting it back together, "There, that should do it."

     "Thanks, Norman!" Y/n grinned.

     "Mhm!" He left the room with a wave.

     Ray closed the book and set it down, "we should check on dinner."

     "Oh yeah, it's Gilda's turn tonight! I love when Gilda cooks, although I think I prefer your cooking out of everyone here."

     He laughed as the two went downstairs to check on dinner, "hey, is dinner ready?"

     "Yup, can one of you two go let everyone know?"

     "Sure," Y/n said as she grabbed the bell and went upstairs, "dinner time!" She skipped through the halls and rang the bell, stopping when she saw Emma and Mama. "Hey Emma, hi Mama, it's time for dinner."

     "I'll be there soon," Mama smiled while the others ran out of their room, cheering.

     Once dinner time was over, it was time for bed. Everyone went to their own beds and fell asleep, having lovely dreams of all kinds. Except two, Emma and Norman had snuck out of their room. They had been preparing to sneak some items that would hopefully help them with their escape.

     Ray on the other hand, had just got back into his bed after following them, getting information. He laid awake in his bed, "tomorrow, that's when I'll have Y/n know about this house's secret. She'll be a crucial asset to their planning. She's smart, I know she can handle it. I'm sorry that it had to be like this, Y/n. I really do wish we could live normal lives. I promise you'll get out of here, I'll get you out of here even if it kills me."

--------------------------------------------

𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫

--------------------------------------------