𝟎𝟒| 𝟏𝟑𝟏𝟎𝟒𝟓: 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬.

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 while Y/n and Ray stayed at their tree. Children were running around the fields, tiring themselves out making it easier for the older kids and Mama to look after them.

     "Hey," Ray suddenly said, "wanna follow Emma and Norman? They've been acting weird and I want to ask them about it."

    "Wouldn't that be rude to just barge in?"

     "Eh, I don't think so. Think of it as us just worrying about them."

    "Well, alright. Let's go," Y/n dusted off her skirt and headed down the hill, cutting into the forest.

     "Hey, Norman," Y/n heard from the distance, getting louder as she walked farther, "I think it'd be a good idea to tell Ray and Y/n. We'd be able to get their opinions." Y/n and Ray spotted the other pair, but Ray held his arm out as a signal to stop.

     "I was thinking the very same thing. I also think they'd be less likely to panic. Ray knows a lot and he knows a lot about working with machines, Y/n could probably help us with figuring out ways to make it possible for everyone to make it. But..."

    "But what?"

     "Tell you what, I'll talk to them myself. Why don't you head back to the house for now-"

     Ray grabbed Y/n's hand and walked them into view, "why not now?"

     "Y/n! Ray!" Emma gasped in surprise.

     "Yo."

     "Hey guys," Y/n smiled, "sorry, we followed you."

     "It was my idea. It's been bugging me for a while, so I thought we should ask you about it," Ray let go of Y/n's hand and walked to Emma, handing her a book. "The Mechanical Engineering and Human History". He continued walking behind Norman and Emma and pulled them into an uncomfortable hug, "tell us what happened at the gate the other night."

     Norman and Emma put on a facial expression as if to say, "what are you talking about?"

    "Come on guys, you know. When you went to deliver Little Bunny to Conny," Y/n crossed her arms, "you've both been acting weirder than usual."

     "You guys also came back empty handed when you said you didn't make it." That's right. How could Y/n not have noticed that major detail. If Emma and Norman said they didn't make it in time, why wasn't Little Bunny with them?

     "You're so sharp!" Norman stuttered.

     "So I assumed something happened," Ray hugged them tighter, "so spill it!"

     "Ooh, Ow! Aren't you a clever one," Emma strained, not being able to breathe in the death grip hug Ray was giving them.

     "Okay, we'll tell you," Norman said, "as long as you let us go first, we can't breathe." Ray listened and let go, Emma and Norman were left to catch their breath.

     "Spill," Y/n grumbled, annoyed. "Something is wrong with Conny and they haven't told anyone. Where's Little Bunny? Where's Conny?

     Emma jumped a little at Y/n's tone. Y/n never grew cross with anyone and now she was angry at them, "we're sorry we didn't tell you earlier! We just weren't sure if it was the right time to tell anyone."

     "Stop stalling and spit it out."

     "Alright, just please let us say everything first before you say anything," Norman said, "the night we went to give Little Bunny to Conny, we saw her, but she wasn't alive."