𝟏𝟔| 𝟎𝟐𝟏𝟏𝟒𝟓: 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭. 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐲/𝐧.

"𝐇𝐮𝐡, 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠," Don said, starting to get a little worried.

     Gilda nodded, "yeah."

     "So far so good." That thought was quickly proven to be false when Mama exited the house without any signal.

     "Wait, what's going on? Mom came out without Ray even signaling to us. Don, what should we do?"

     "Stay here, I'll go check it out!"

     "Don!" Gilda panicked and Don ran back into the house. He heard banging and followed the sound.

     "Ugh, just open up already!" Ray shouted after tirelessly hitting the door.

     "Ray, is that you?!" Don called.

     "Yeah, its me!"

     "Stand back!" Ray did the opposite. He didn't properly hear Don so he put his ear up to the door. Ray heard footsteps running at a fast pace getting louder, so Ray quickly jumped out of the way and saw Don and the door fly down.

     "Ughhh," Don groaned.

     "Hey, you okay?"

     "I'm fine, but we gotta hurry!"

     "Yeah, you're right!"

     The two of them rushed out of the house, Ray ran right into the forest and Don stopped to get Gilda, "Gilda, let's go."

     "Does that mean the plan's canceled? What do we do now?"

     "The inspection is still on! We gotta stop Mom!"

     "Huh? Really?"

     "This is our only chance! We need to make sure they get to inspect the top of the wall before Mom gets to them!"

     "R-right!" Don and Gilda began to run while Ray was full on sprinting.

     Y/n, Emma, and Norman were clueless as to what was going on. Emma climbed the tall tree and retrieved the bag of makeshift rope, tossing it down to Norman. The three nodded at each other after Emma jumped down, then she flinched. Someone else is here.

     "You guys..."

     "Yeah," Emma and Y/n said in unison. Emma took the bag and tossed it into the bushes. Footsteps approached them, Mama coming into view.

     "Why is.." Y/n's eyes widened, "hey, Mama! Is something wrong?"

     "Twelve, well, thirteen years by this time tomorrow, we've lived with each other."

     "But this is the first time we've talked without either of us acting," Y/n gulped, "it's nice to meet you, Y/n. Same goes for you too, Emma and Norman. Come now, why do you look so worried? It's only me, so you're free to relax. There isn't anyone else around, you don't have to act like good little kids who don't know anything. Right now, we're the caretaker and children meant to be food. However, I must admit, I love every one of the children I've raised. I do, truly. As if you all were my own children. That's why I came here to ask that you just give up."

     "You want us to..." Y/n started.

     "...Give up?" Emma and Norman said.

     "Give up resisting. I love you all and don't want you to suffer and I especially don't want to be the cause of your suffering. This life is happy, isn't it? You get to live in a warm house where you get delicious food and love. If you can stay oblivious to the truth, then you can die being satisfied. So how does that sound like anything but paradise?"

     Y/n grew angry, "that's what you think this is? Are you saying that this life is worth what Conny went through? "

     "Death happens in an instant. until the moment Conny died, she experienced a rich life full of smiles and laughter."

     "What's the point if it's all just fake?! I'm going to live freely even if I suffer for it! Then I'll decide happiness for myself! A-"

     "Stop," Norman cut in and shook his head.

     "Norman..."

     "Escaping is impossible, and it's dangerous outside. You don't really want to go out there. Now," Mama held out her hand, "why don't we go back to living happily together, like none of this happened? My greatest wish is for the six of you to live joyus lives until your time eventually runs out."

     "Six?" Norman questioned, "not four?" The three children looked at each other, gasping, then frowning. She knew about Gilda and Don, "fine you win, Mom. I'll stop being a good kid!"

     Y/n dashed for Mom while Emma and Norman ran for the bag in the bushes, "Go on, guys!" Y/n tackled Mom in a hug, reaching for her 'pocket watch' before Mom smirked, easily taking Y/n down. Snap. Emma and Norman slowly turn around to see Y/n pinned to the ground, Mom holding her leg which is contorted in a way it shouldn't be. Y/n felt like she couldn't breathe, then she screamed and cried.

     "Y/n," Ray muttered, the will to run faster came upon him. Don, Gilda, and Ray rached the three who were supposed to be back home and safe by now. Y/n was on the ground, being held up by Mom. Emma and Norman behind the crying girl, so shocked that they stood frozen.

     "Shh, shh," Mama caressed the girl's hair, trying to comfort her, "you're going to be okay, it doesn't hurt, don't cry. Ah, poor thing. May adorable Y/n, this is why I told you to give up. But I'm glad you hugged me for the first time in a while."

     "And you realized it quickly, Norman. I'm impressed. Yes, I'll control you all until the very end, because you're different than most of the other children. You're special food that only a special one wants to eat. The highest quality of children I've ever raised." Mama tied a stick to Y/n's leg with a bandage, it should suffice until Mama could get the proper supplies back at the house.

     "So then," Norman grunted.

     "That's why I have to protect you all. No matter the cost. I was forced to do this because it was clear you weren't going to give up. You won't be able to move for a while, which means I have no worries for tomorrow."

     "Tomorrow?" Ray questioned.

     "Yes, that's right. You can stay and celebrate, Y/n. It will be your birthday, and I've also gotten a notice from Headquarters. So congrats. Norman. The time for you to be shipped has come."

--------------------------------------------

𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫

--------------------------------------------