𝟏𝟖| 𝟎𝟑𝟏𝟏𝟒𝟓: 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭, 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬! 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥!

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 before spreading out a little from their group huddle, yet not too far since they wanted to be near Y/n. Ray fished a device from his pocket, "catch," he tossed it to Norman. "Use this thing to disable your tracker. Go hide in the forest, then you'll climb the wall."

     "And scout, before they increase security," Norman smirked.

     "We've got a new rope coming thanks to Don and Gilda. They're using spare sheets from the linen room."

     "So it's done then," Emma smiled.

     "Press it against your left ear and hit the button, that'll disable your tracking device. If we use this thing, Mom won't know."

     "Is it made from camera parts?"

     "It's more than just that. I used parts from the rewards from Mom, and then disassembled them. From the camera, all I really wanted was the strobe."

     "You've collected these parts..." Norman stared at the device, "for six years. Just so Mom wouldn't figure it out."

     "Amazing," Emma added.

     "That's so cool!" Y/n cheered.

     Ray rubbed the back of his neck from all the compliments, "there's no need to be impressed about it, I realized the house's secret and had to do it. And that's that."

     "Ray," Norman called.

     "Huh?"

     "Something's been bothering me. How'd you find out? I know I've asked you this before. A normal kid wouldn't have realized it."

     "I've always known. I've just always known," Ray sat down on the bed, "you know what infantile amnesia is?"

     Emma tilted her head, "nuh-uh."

     "When most people reach a certain age, they don't have any memories from being a baby. That's infantile amnesia. But in some cases, there are humans that don't forget everything."

     Y/n gasped, "wait, you mean..."

     "I still have memories from inside of the womb. Some of my memories didn't match what I've been told. That's how I knew. My first memory is being in a dark liquid. I could hear a lullaby from somewhere."

     Y/n thought out loud, "the one you used to hum all the time for me..."

     Ray quietly laughed, "yeah."

     "Do you remember a lot?" Emma asked, "or is it hazy?"

     "All of it is in fragments, but in high detail. Demon's faces and how there were other babies there. They implanted the trackers and then we were divided into batches of five."

     "Five..?" Norman questioned.

     "After that, I went through a tunnel and was here."

     "The tunnel being the gate?"

     "Yeah."

     "Wait, so, past the gate isn't outside... but,"

     "Headquarters. The Headquarters and the adjacent five plants. Those are what make up this house."

     "Then what Krone said was true," Emma added, "every last detail."

     "That gate can't be an escape route. Beyond it, things get rough. There's not just a few guards out there, it's swarming with demons."

     "Isn't that bad though?"

     "Not quite, because of that, the security is pretty thin. Their main focus will be on the gate, so we won't have to worry much. Once Y/n's leg is healed, we'll run."

     "Oh I see."

     "We've got everything worked out, Norman. So, tomorrow you'll disappear," Ray stuck his hand out and Y/n put hers on top of it. Emma followed, then Norman.

     "Understood," Norman smirked. Then, a bell rang informing the children that it was time to set up for dinner.

     "I'll bring you your food up," Ray said.

     "Thanks, Ray."

     Emma and Norman left the room together with Ray following behind, "bye, Y/n! We'll visit you soon!"

     As the three children made their way downstairs, Mom grabbed Norman by the shoulders and gently brought him to the front of the dining room, "attention, I have good news! A foster family chose Norman. I know it's sudden, but he'll be leaving tomorrow night."

     Sherry dropped the bowls in her hands as everyone gasped, "that soon?"

     "On Y/n's birthday?"

     "Congrats! This is great Norman!"

     "Is this goodbye?" Phil asked.

     Lannion's eyes widened, "but why? So sudden?"

     Thoma put his arm over the blonde's shoulder, "we're gonna miss him, aren't we."

     "Uh, Uh-huh."

     Norman crouched down to face the younger children, "congrats!"

     "Let's play a bunch before you go!"

     Sherry approached the boy with large tears rolling down her face, "I-I'm happy f-for you. Congratulations, Norman!"

     He smiled warmly, then hugged the girl, "I'm gonna miss you all so much." Ray stared daggers at Mom while Don panicked, Gilda doing the same.

     "Now," Mom smiled, "let's eat dinner before it gets cold."

     Ray shook his head to himself and took the plate meant for Y/n. The boy made his way upstairs and to her room, "I brought your dinner."

     "Thank you," Y/n smiled at the ravenette before she took the plate from his hands. He sat down on her bed for a little, just wanting some alone time with her after the very stressful day. "How does your leg feel?"

     "Eh, it hurts if I move it too much but it'll be fine. I'll get better super fast so we can get out of here as soon as possible."

     "I wouldn't doubt it, you've always been one to bounce right back after an injury."

     She laughed, "I guess so." 

     Ray's hand found hers and he slowly interlaced their fingers. They blushed, but continued to stay that way for a little while until Ray had to go, "as much as I'd love to stay, if I don't go, Mom might get suspicious."

     "No, no, don't worry. Go have dinner, it's been a long day."

     "Goodnight, Y/n."

     "Goodnight, Ray! Tell everyone I said goodnight for me, okay?"

     "Sure thing," with that, he exited the room and shut the door behind him. Ray made his way back downstairs to eat.

     The night went on as usual, Don helped tire the kids out before bed, Mom helped some dry their hair, Gilda was making rope in the linen room, and Ray read some books in the library. On the other hand, Norman had gone up to his room to sleep but opened his drawer to find the present Sister Krone left him. "What's this?"

--------------------------------------------

𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫

--------------------------------------------