𝟏𝟓| 𝟎𝟐𝟏𝟏𝟒𝟓: 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞, 𝐫𝐚𝐲. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬.

𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖𝟔𝟖𝟒,

     Sister Krone, we appoint you to be Mom of Plant Four.

     "I'll be a Mom?!" Sister Krone shouted.

     "Yes," Mama smiled, "it just so happens, a position suddenly opened at Plant Four. I've been pushing your name for a while, so they chose you to fill it."

     "You recommended me?"

     "Grandma is waiting for you at the gate. Hurry up and pack so you can return to Headquarters."

     "R-right now?"

     "That's correct, I wish you luck at your new location," Sister Krone looked more distressed than pleased, "what's wrong? Aren't you happy?"

     "Oh, uh, of course I am. I'll go get ready." Isabella smiled as she left quietly, the door closing shut behind her. Sister Krone dropped to her knees, "that woman, she's trying to get rid of me!" But, unlike she wanted to, she had to pack, "I'm just going to have to risk it. I refuse t6o let this go the way she wants."

     Krone held an object as she heard ringing from downstairs, "hey Mom! Sister Krone! It's time to eat now! Okay, we're ready. Where's the sister?" Phil asked.

     "In her room? Phil's sibling asked.

     "Not quite," Mom crouched down to their level, "she had work to do. We're fine to start eating without her."

     Krone was 'working'. She wrapped a small present with a cloth and placed it for some curious children to find sometime. Sister held her luggage and snuck out without saying goodbye to anyone. She panicked more and more as she approached the gate. It's bars were lifted and an older woman was seen in the tunnel." Grandma," Krone muttered, "I'd like to report something."

     "Huh? Sister's not here," Jemima said, turning to her group of friends.

     "Where do you think she is?" another child asked.

     "Mom said she had to work," Phil informed.

     "Aww man."

     Ray stared at the empty seat with a full plate in front of it. His train of thought was interrupted by Y/n, "everything alright? Come on, we have ." She dragged the tall boy to his seat and then sat in her own, still a little concerned for the boy.

     Krone handed Grandma the paper, "if I'm understanding this correctly, in addition to what I'm reading here, there are three other children with perfect scores who know the secret."

     "And the two below them know as well! I don't have evidence of their escape plan, but please, believe me! We have to take action. If we don't-"

     "But, they're still under control, aren't they?"

     "Huh?"

     "If they remain under control, there's no issue. Just like it was back in my day. You see, Sister Krone, I'm afraid I can't have you getting in Isabella's way. In case you don't know, Isabella and her plant are quite special. It's necessary to keep her here as my pawn. You are insufficient to replace her. You've become a problem. To offer the best plate to the Tifari, everything at the farm has to be optimal."

     The small, seemingly frail woman walked away while Krone laughed, "I see, they were in it together. I had no chance of winning this from the start!" The gate shut, inhuman noises coming from behind. She was silenced by a large hand approaching her at top speed. She rushed away, trying to live for just a few seconds longer. Your life really does flash before your eyes. Krone swung her letter opener, defending herself as best as she could. You were always weak. She ran and tripped, so she crawled. The demon grabbed her and lifted a white, yet shriveled up flower. It was plunged into her. You brats better succeed, you hear me? You're great at tag, so run away. Escape. Survive this. And then destroy this awful world we live in! I know you can, I have hopes for all of you. The flower came to life, a bright, vibrant red taking over the greyish-white.

     "Thank you for the food," Mama finished.

     "Thank you for the food!" Everyone repeated, digging in. Emma, Norman, Y/n and Ray talked. They smiled and laughed. Times like these were their favorite. No worries about the plan, no escaping, no demons, no fear. Just time to spend with each other like normal friends.

     "Thank you, it was delicious," everyone cheered happily, not even the slightest clue that Sister Krone was going to become delicious food for the creatures they feared.

     Everyone set their dishes in the sink, ready to go outside and play. Ray wanted to go over the plan one last time before having it set in motion. "Let's review, Emma, Norman, and Y/n will inspect above the wall. Don, Gilda, stand outside where you can see the second floor window to the south. Stay alert. I'll signal you if I'm not able to distract Mom. That's when you tell the three others to cancel the inspection."

     They did just that. Emma, Norman, and Y/n raced to the wall while Gilda and Don stayed on watch. Ray was on his way to a separate room to meet with Mom.

     "Are you ready?" Ray asked after knocking on Mama's door. He was going to keep her distracted by having their usual meetings, "time to switch stuff out."

     "I got rid of her," Mom suddenly said as the two were on their way upstairs to switch out the poison Norman planned to use.

     "Huh?"

     "I removed Krone from the equation." Ray gasped, tripping up the stairs and rushed over to see a dark and empty room. Mom caught up to him and placed her hands on his shoulder, leaning down to whisper, "know why she's gone? Because I didn't need her. And you're next."

     Ray was at a loss for words.

     "Our deal is officially over as of right now," Mom clapped.

     "W-what? You're joking! Come on, how could you say you don't need me. I was helpful to you, right? You were using me so you could stay in the shadows and control them indirectly!"

     "Precisely."

     "I was doing a good job. To you I'm..."

     "Yes, you were quite the useful dog. That's why I kept you by my side. Despite the fact that you're a liar and a traitor."

     "I could still be of use to you though! It's a non-issue!"

     "Yes, it's true, there's no fault with you. I know that it's unfair. It affects me as well. Initially, I had planned to keep you around until the very end of all this."

     "That doesn't-!"

     "But, unfortunately, the situation has changed. I'll be controlling them on my own from now on. I'm sorry, Ray. I hope you'll forgive me for what I'm about to do."

     Ray gasped and rushed at Mom, hugging her and trying to get her down. She simply peeled him off of her and threw him to the ground, closing the door and locking it before he could get up. "Mom!"

     "Just stay in there for a while," Ray continuously banged on the door, "I'll be sure to let you out when I'm back. Now then, based on the speed of the three signals, it must be Emma, Norman, and... Y/n..," Mama sighed, "oh dear, up until this point I thought she was innocent. Sure, some suspicion since she spends so much time with you but I just believed it was because of infatuation. So, they're running through the forest, heading for the fence. I assume to inspect it. By the way, I'm not the least bit worried about the poison. I know that you'll protect me. For their sake, you won't get me killed. Isn't that right? That's why when you'll try and suppress me I know you'll use a different method. Goodbye, Ray. Thank you for all that you've done for me."

     Ray gasped, "damnit! No! I've got to get out of here! I can't believe this!" Ray kicked the door, trying to break it down while Gilda and Don watched the window for and sign. Nothing.

--------------------------------------------

𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫

--------------------------------------------